Loader 3720 Cab - I need to adjust the control stick - slow dump cycle

/ 3720 Cab - I need to adjust the control stick - slow dump cycle #1  

nmu98

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 5203, JD 3720, JD 4110, JD 445, IH 1586, IH 886, IH 404......
I am wondering if anyone has adjusted thier control stick on any of the 3x20 cab models. The dump function on this tractor has been slow from the point it was brand new. I used to be able to find the sweet spot and get it going, but now its just real slow all the time. I know its cable operated so..........

Do you adjust it from the top in the cab? How does it adjust? Anyone have pictures or any hints?

Thanks for any and all help!

/ 3720 Cab - I need to adjust the control stick - slow dump cycle #2  
First I would check the cable connection to see if the jamb nut is working loose at the valve end. I say first because this one is easier to get to. If that one is tight I would pull the cover off in the cab and check to see if the jamb nut un the lever is working loose. After this I would move the linkage to see if you can spot some slack internally.

If you don't find play in the linkage you may need to adjust the cable position but I would prefer to have a second person to work the lever to determine whether there is enough travel in the cable at the valve end. It is important to have enough cable travel in both directions while maintainng the center nuetral position.

Hope this helps you some.

/ 3720 Cab - I need to adjust the control stick - slow dump cycle #3  
Do you adjust it from the top in the cab? How does it adjust? Anyone have pictures or any hints?

Thanks for any and all help!

Nope, It adjusts from the "outside" by the Valve Bank...See attached for adjustment info.

Attachments

• SCV-Adjust.JPG
    SCV-Adjust.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 252
   / 3720 Cab - I need to adjust the control stick - slow dump cycle
Thanks Dave, I will take a look at it tonight......

/ 3720 Cab - I need to adjust the control stick - slow dump cycle #5  
NMU ill be interested in your results as i find i have the same symtoms on mine as well.

/ 3720 Cab - I need to adjust the control stick - slow dump cycle #6  
Nope, It adjusts from the "outside" by the Valve Bank...See attached for adjustment info.

It could be either end depends on what the problem really is. I know that on my rear aux coupler the cable was loose up top and would move back and forth with the lever just enough to affect the cable travel below at the valve.

I have not been able to get out and check, but I will report back!:thumbsup:

I just got in from adjusting it up. You need to remove the right rear tire to get at the block. Then I was lucky to have a neighbor who happened to have a 15/16 wrench that was cut in half, and then it was hard to get at the inner most cable to adjust it. I have it adjusted so I get the same amount of movement each way with the stick, measured by the movement of the cable at the block.

The bad news is that it did not make a difference with the speed of the dump.... There was no doubt it was out of adjustment, but it did not solve the issue. Maybe my mind is going and it always dumped slower than the bucket curled up?

There is no adjustment under the "dash" in the cab. I wish there was, it would have been much easier. I should have taken pictures, but I was working with another guy and I wanted it to get done so I was not taking up his time. This is a two person job due to the measuring of the movements.

/ 3720 Cab - I need to adjust the control stick - slow dump cycle #9  
Do you have the Regen locked out?

/ 3720 Cab - I need to adjust the control stick - slow dump cycle #10  
Kennyd, that was exactly the same thing I was thinking. I have only had my 3320 for a month and I sitting here reading through the operating manual again and saw that if the dual scv lock lever wasn't in the unlocked position that it would shut off the regen and slow the bucket operation down.