360DST FarmTrac

/ 360DST FarmTrac #1  

20acres

Tractor
L3130DT (4WD) canopy
Anyone out there have any feelings on this product. Parts availability, reliablity, etc..
Will test one this week and wondering if any current owners wants to give their opinions.

/ 360DST FarmTrac #2  
See my reply to your post in the buying pricing forum. 4 years, 850 hours, no complaints.

/ 360DST FarmTrac
thanks EDKing,
Saw the post and the dealer did point this out over the phone and I noticed it on the web page(dual remotes). Glad to hear your good fortunes with your tractor.
I'm trying to keep an open mind when looking at all brands. I'll have my opinion posted after i visit and test it this week.

/ 360DST FarmTrac #4  
If you have any specific questions, let me know, I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

/ 360DST FarmTrac
Thanks EdKing,
I got everything I could have asked for with the FarmTrac but in the end I'm going orange.
Just did not like the loader on the Farmtrac and the seating area. Just felt like the L3130 was better for my application and I wanted the tractor I felt best on, since I plan on being on it for the next 20 yrs.

Thanks for the replies and thoughts.

/ 360DST FarmTrac #6  
I am a disabied guy and the proud owner of a landtrac 360d.my machine is currently down do to electrical problems.I am currrently looking for a service mannual.I have a parts manual but it does not contain enough information for me to ascertain what the problem is.A couple of monthes ago it would not start by key so I jumped straight to the starter.This worked so I installed a push button.Last week while retrieving my golfcart from the woods(stuck)I shut off the tractor and it would not restart.I towed it home with the help of a neighbor and charged the battery.It started right up with the smell of burning wires.I imediately pulled off the battery terminal and found a black wire overtheated. one of three coming iut if a cnector beneath the fuel bleed off switch

/ 360DST FarmTrac #7  
There is a fusable link near the starter,It looks like 2 loops of wire,It sounds like it failed, It should be a plug in repair,Hopefully their is nothing causing it to blow, I have seen them fail b4 and never again since replacement, You can unplug it then meter it, If it shows open or high resistance it is your problem. A new one can be purchased from your FarmTrac dealer or from your Montana or Tafe Dealer as well.You will just need to tell them the comparable model like the Montana 3840. If you need one we keep them in stock just send us a P.M.

/ 360DST FarmTrac #8  
the wire is one of three atached to a sealed cylinder appx 1.5 circumference and 3.5 "long attached directly to the fuel indirect injection housing.it has a small rod extending into the interior of the housing possibly a solenoid held in the exttended position by a strong spring.I think it must be part of the indirect injectiion system but I PURCHASED THE WRONG MANUAL CAN ANYONE identify tthis part and its function until I can obtain the correct manual?

/ 360DST FarmTrac #9  
From your description, that sounds like the engine stop solenoid. It turns the fuel off to stop the engine when you shut the key off. It has to work correctly for the engine to run.

/ 360DST FarmTrac #10  
can you tell me if the solenoid is fail stop or fail run? Also before this problem the tractor would not start with the key so I jumped bat to solenoid ,this worked for monthes.now it is not working all the time.I had the starter checked out all good.where would I start an electrical trouble shoot job?PS is the purple machine a landtrac 360D?