Oil & Fuel 3225 hydraulic oil

/ 3225 hydraulic oil
Thanks for all the help! I put in the shell rotella 15w40w and the tractor is back together and working good. The power steering seems slow but I'm not to worried about that, I never had power steering maybe that's the way it is. It also seems to not get enough gas (runs rough) it has a new filter and has been run without the gas cap and same problem, not much fuel in the clear filter. Is there issues with the fuel pump or does it even have one? I will check in to it more tomorrow its to late to keep running it tonight. It has 780 hours on it if that helps. Is there something i could check?

/ 3225 hydraulic oil #12  
~8qts of Shell Rotella 15w40 or 5w40 will work perfectly in the trans of your 3K series if you don't want to buy ~$80 worth of Cub Cadet Drive System Fluid Plus. Basically fill it until you register full on your trans dipstick.

Joel
The Cub fluid is synthetic. What about the Rotella? Can it be mixed with the original since there is bound to be some remaining?

Bob B.

/ 3225 hydraulic oil #13  
Yep, the Cub stuff is a synthetic blend. When I researched it a few years back it was sourced by Shell and called TTF-SB by Shell (Tractor transaxle fluid - synthetic blend). Any of today's synthetics and blends can be mixed/matched with conventional oil without issue.

Joel