Oil & Fuel 3225 hydraulic oil

/ 3225 hydraulic oil #1  

hemithedog

Tractor
cub cadet 3225
I just changed the gearotor in the charge pump, filter and replaced some gaskets and need to know what kind of oil and how much oil I need. I just bought this 3225 for $600 and got no manuals or info with it, I can't wait to get it going. I also need the same info for engine oil.

/ 3225 hydraulic oil #2  
hemi - you may be able to get a manual by going to this website:

PDF Manual Web Archive

Enter your model # (14A688100) and your serial # .... you may hafta try several of the docs listed to get what you want...

/ 3225 hydraulic oil #3  
I tried the website listed but came up with an error....?

You can also go to Cubcadet.com, on the lower left you will see operators manuals....same thing, enter model and serial #, download free manual. $600 for a 3225 is a very good deal.

/ 3225 hydraulic oil
This might sound weird but i can't find the model# or serial#. The sticker or plate is missing or maybe i just cant find it, the tractor has some rust here and there and was defiantly stored outside. It is also pretty much taken apart where would i find this info

/ 3225 hydraulic oil #6  
here's your model # again - 14A688100. Then, just enter eight zeros for a serial number.

/ 3225 hydraulic oil #7  
~8qts of Shell Rotella 15w40 or 5w40 will work perfectly in the trans of your 3K series if you don't want to buy ~$80 worth of Cub Cadet Drive System Fluid Plus. Basically fill it until you register full on your trans dipstick.

Joel

/ 3225 hydraulic oil #8  
ive been told by a few non cub cadet tractor mechanics that these run best on thier name brand fluid and filters. one said anytime his new holland dealer gets one in for work they have to go to the cub dealer for filters and oil because they just dont work right on anything else.

/ 3225 hydraulic oil #9  
It's better mark-up for a dealer. I have heard of issues on Cubs when an automotive engine oil filter was used in place of a hydraulic filter for the trans, but have never heard of issues with using alternatives in place of Cub drive system fluid plus oil. There's lots of posts (and research) that's been done over the years. There's minor differences between the 2K and 3K transaxles, but I've had Shell Rotella-T 15w40 in the trans of my 2005 model year 2544 for 3-4years now.

Joel

/ 3225 hydraulic oil #10  
actually, i think that was it, with the filter. its been awhile since we had the conversation. i know for sure he said the CC filters have to be used, but i thought he mentioned the oil too.