3040 Lifting

/ 3040 Lifting #1  

Concrete43

I'm thinking of a 3040 with FEL and Bush hog RBX Box blade I was wondering just how much weight it will lift with pallet forks. Cant seem to find this in their information.

Thanks
Ron

/ 3040 Lifting #2  
Which model loader? The curved boom or the older one?

Thanks,
Maka

/ 3040 Lifting #3  
Maka,

A friend of mine is looking at the 5720. We were wondering if the new, curved boom lifts more. What other advantages are there to it? My 5740 with the Koyker lifts 2000#.

JC

/ 3040 Lifting #4  
On the new curved boom loader for the 5740 the specs are as follows,

max lift height------------------------113 inches
lift capacity to full height-----------2400lbs @ the pivot pins
lift capacity @59"-------------------3175lbs @ the pivot pins
breakout force----------------------4200lbs

I have all the other stuff like dump angle, roll back, digging depth etc. if you would like. These are the published specs and I have been told they are certified.

Thanks,
Maka

/ 3040 Lifting #5  
Here are the specs for the ALN 55C Ansung loader on my 5740. These numbers are from the loader manual Technical Specifications Table 1-1.

Max lift height measured at pivot pins..............118.5 inches
Lift Capacity to max height-at pivot pins...........2385 lbs
Lift Capacity to max height 19.5" fwd of pins.....1803 lbs
Lift capacity to 59" at pivot pins.......................3126 lbs
Lift Capacity to 59"- 19.5" fwd of pivot pins.......2535 lbs
Breakout force at pivot pins.............................4409 lbs
Breakout force 19.5" fwd of pivot pins..............3390 lbs

/ 3040 Lifting
curved boom

I'm not looking at the 5740 or 5720.

What I need to know is how much I could lift with forks.

Thanks
Ron

/ 3040 Lifting #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue"> I'm not looking at the 5740 or 5720.

What I need to know is how much I could lift with forks.

</font> )</font>

Sorry Concrete, didn't mean to hi jack your thread.

Going from info on the montana the curved boom loader will lift 2250lbs, to full height.
I assume this is measured at the pivot pins.

Moving fwd of the pivot pins, lets say 20" will reduce lift capacity approximately 600lbs. This gives a lift capacity of 1650lbs. Also would need to subtract the weight of the pallet forks.

There are a lot of lift variables when using forks dependent on the placement of the load on the forks, naturally.

If I was buying a 3040 and pallet forks I would expect to be able to lift in the neighborhood of 1200 to 1300lbs, to full height, with the load being 2 feet fwd of the pivot pins.

Maka may have some published specs on the loader lift capacities with the pallet forks, but from reading other forums on different brands and manufacturers of loaders, there doesn't seem to be much if any good info on actual lift capacities with pallet forks installed.

/ 3040 Lifting #8  
My 4540 with old style FEL will lift 1,000lbs with pallet forks. Anything more is pushing it. Pallet forks really reduce the lifting capacity due to the fact a good portion of the load is way out in front of the loader.

James