3020D/F11 Farmhand loader question

/ 3020D/F11 Farmhand loader question #1  

NDRick

Tractor
64 JD 3020D
Hey folks,

I'd like to plumb my F-11 loader into the tractor or run it off the front PTO ... Anyone have any experience with that?

Currenty I run the loader off the rear PTO with a prince pump.

I'd rather not use a rear PTO extender.

Thanx!! in advance for any/all replies

Rick in North Dakota ... it's a dry cold

/ 3020D/F11 Farmhand loader question #2  
Nothing wrong with your plan if you can find a 1000RPM pump that will fit over the front PTO and clear the bottom of the clutch housing. Of course, both the front and rear PTO share a common driveline and control system; when one is on/off so is the other. Not sure why the 18 or so GPM the 3020's hydraulic system provides won't run the loader satisfactorily, but that's not your question.

/ 3020D/F11 Farmhand loader question
Rick,

Actually I'd like to take advantage of the (18 or so GPM the 3020's hydraulic system provides) ... I just don't where to begin to plumb it.

I think if I were to go that way though I'd have to go from a closed to an open system correct? ...
That's to say I'd have to replace the closed hydro controls with open ones right?

Please let me know if this is stinken thinken.

Thanx!! again for any/all replies

Rick in North Dakota ... it's a dry cold

/ 3020D/F11 Farmhand loader question #4  
The 3020 has a closed center system. You would need to convert your present loader control valve to closed center by scouting out the proper 'closed center plug' for that particular valve. Or swap the valve out for a closed center type.
Not sure if you have a early- or late- 3020 but you can basically steal oil from anywhere in the line leading away from the priority valve (ahead of the shifter) going to the rockshaft valve or SCV's. Oil should return directly to the hydraulic filter cover by brazing a fitting in it or buying a filter cover for a 2640 or similar with the fitting installed.