3-pt. Rear Rotary Cutter (bush hog)

/ 3-pt. Rear Rotary Cutter (bush hog) #21  
I use a BB48 on my BX2360. Many times when traveling it feels like the front wheels are going to lift off the ground. Probably it would handle better with weight in the bucket. I wouldn't want heavier, but wider would be useful.

View attachment 741228

Bruce
I would reconsider weight in the bucket! Here is why.
A friend out here does tractor repairs. Last fall he got a smaller Kubota, forget what model, but similar to yours.
The owner split it in half!
Had a heavy mower on the back and loaded up heavy in the bucket. Must have been running fast on rough ground and the weight on both ends actual caused the bell housing to tear and split from the engine. It also bent the center tunnel of the machine. did a lot of other damage as well.
The center tunnel used was like $2500 alone and I think the total bill to get it going again was over 5K and that is not dealers rates!

It was a good lesson for me to be careful about weight on the front and back!

/ 3-pt. Rear Rotary Cutter (bush hog) #22  
Woods do run heavy. They are quality. I think the price is too high. You should be able to get a good used 48 inch cutter for $1000 or less.

/ 3-pt. Rear Rotary Cutter (bush hog) #23  
I bought my bush hog cutter 7 foot used one year for $700 said it was too big for his tractor. He was asking $1500 and was taking a loss. Take cash with you. Good luck

/ 3-pt. Rear Rotary Cutter (bush hog) #24  
Is $2,175 a good deal for a Woods Brush Bull (BB48.30)? It's one year old (2021), and according to the seller, it was used a total of 1 hour. It looks spotless. He said he bought it to clear a 1 acre lot to build his new house on, and he has no further use for it. I don't know a lot about the bush hog type cutters, but I've always heard that the Wood's Brush Bull was a top brand. Just wondering if I should look into this one? I wasn't planning to buy right now, but if this is a deal, I may look into it. There is a Wood's dealer about 40 miles away, but I won't be able to find out from them what their price would be, until Monday. Just wondering if someone may be familiar with the pricing? Thanks
I have that 48" Brush Bull behind a B2620 - 19 hp PTO. For what I mow - mainly golden rod and grass, that is all the tractor can handle in some spots. It would not pull a 5' mower on the slopes I mow. At times even the 4" mower lugs the engine down. That price does seem kind of high to me also. I bought mine with the tractor used, so I can't tell you what I paid for the mower.

Tim

/ 3-pt. Rear Rotary Cutter (bush hog) #25  
I wouldn't buy a 48" rotary cutter aka bush hog. I've got a larger zero turn can do more with that than a 48" cutter and a lot faster.

Better to get a larger one say 72" if you need it. I paid around the same price for a brand new 72" cutter different brand.

After using it for a season I wish I would have gotten one with 2 wheels instead of 1.

/ 3-pt. Rear Rotary Cutter (bush hog) #26  
I have a 3-point, 48" Woods rotary cutter, that's been used VERY little, I would sell it for $1,100.00 as I doubt, I'll ever use it again.

I only buy Woods brand rotary cutters now, as they have been the best cutters for me.

SR

/ 3-pt. Rear Rotary Cutter (bush hog) #27  
offer him $1,000; nothing wrong with that. If he wants to get rid of it, he might accept it. If he doesn't, say "ok", then maybe check if he still has it for sale in a few weeks at a reduced price - if he does, offer the $1,000 again.
Don't think it's a good idea to lowball the seller that much. Somebody pull that on me, I'd tell 'em GTFO
If I were the OP, I'd have $2K pocket, offer $1800 and see how it goes.
BTW, that's assuming the 'hog is in reasonably decent condition

/ 3-pt. Rear Rotary Cutter (bush hog) #28  
   / 3-pt. Rear Rotary Cutter (bush hog) #29  
I have the Woods bigger brother of the one that you are looking at: mine is a Woods BrushBull, 7 foot, dual tail wheels. It's HD, a beast, pretty heavy, and I love it. If you have enough tractor for the 4 footer, and if you have rough, heavy cutting to do, it will serve you well for many, many years if you maintain it. IMO though, the asking price is too high.

/ 3-pt. Rear Rotary Cutter (bush hog) #30  
I have owned two of the 4 foot brush hog mowers Tractor Supply sells. I abused the hell out of the first one for years. I'd still be using it if a 90 foot tall Ponderosa Pine didn't fall on it last summer. The tree guy couldn't have aimed at it any better!