3 point rising up

/ 3 point rising up #11  
So just to clarify, if you just park the tractor, lower the 3pt, you could observe it raising up? Or are you saying when you manually raise it (like going over a bump bumps it up), it doesn't lower back down to original lowered position?

• Good Post
Reactions: JWR
   / 3 point rising up
Second one, going over a bump or when first moving ahead.

/ 3 point rising up #13  
Ya it’s gravity down, just seems odd that a 591lb implement won’t stay down by gravity, it’s good now that I modified the spring on the lever. I still think it’s supposed to stay down by itself without having to hold the lever down all the time.
Well, any implement (and certainly a 591 lb one) will lower the 3pt hitch to the level allowed by the position control lever. I do not fully understand what all you did nor the spring business.

To my knowledge position control levers are all designed to push forward for lowering AND when released go back in a spring loaded manner to a neutral position (not calling for any lifting or further lowering.)

If you have to hold the lever down something is wrong. When you hold the lever forward, calling for downward motion of the 3pt, under force of gravity, the 3pt should reach its lowermost limit and quit. Beyond that the lever should (when released) go back to neutral status. Nothing should be lifting the 3pt after that except for
A) you pulling the lever back to the rear for lifting or
B) some external force pushing the implement upward.

If the undulations of the ground (or any other external force) pushes the 3pt and implement upward when fully down it will return to the fully down position once it ha clearance to do so unless some external force pushes it up. ANY other behavior and there is something wrong. The end.

/ 3 point rising up
You’re right the implement should stay down once the lever lowers it, but as it goes over a bump which pushes it up it doesn’t return to its lower position, all the spring does is pull the hand lever back to the centre. Without the spring applying force to re-centre the lever, the lever will stay down keeping the implement down.

/ 3 point rising up #15  
You could park it and while its running use a jack to lift the tiller off the ground and then see if it goes back down when you lower the jack. It should if everything is working right.

/ 3 point rising up
Is anyone else having the same issue where the implement stays up after going over a bump?

/ 3 point rising up #17  
No, the lever staying down does NOT keep the implement down. The 3pt lift having been lowered before that will leave the implement down, not because the lever is still forward/down. Your spring might be moving the lever past neutral and into a lifting mode but presumably not since you installed the spring after the whole issue arose...

I do not believe we can resolve this in the feeble mechanism of the English language. Good luck to you.

/ 3 point rising up #18  
My flail takes a while to go back down so I push the lever down.

I have a lot of dips where I use the flail on the trails and between trees.

/ 3 point rising up
Thank you everyone for your input, I apologize for my clumsy explanations it probably didn’t help matters. For now I have a work around with the L bracket. Thanks again.
Martin.

/ 3 point rising up #20  
Really no need to apologize for anything. If you figure it out I'm still curious what can cause it just in case I ever have the same problem.