3 holes for top link on tractor end

/ 3 holes for top link on tractor end #1  

btuchman

Tractor
Kubota L3130
Hi all, I did a little search but taking the easy way out.
On my Kubota I have a grader bar on the 3 point hitch
Which of the 3 holes for top link will lift the grader bar off the ground the most?
Is there ant downside? I am just dragging the blade and lifting the blade.
How will it affect the Bush Hog or the York Rake?
Thanks
Bruce

/ 3 holes for top link on tractor end #3  
I think there is darn little difference on the tractor end. I believe the correct choice is relative the height of the attachment. I use the center hole. I think the top hole may result in a little more lift if that is an issue.

/ 3 holes for top link on tractor end #5  
The lower the hole on the tractor, the more it will tip the implement towards the tractor when lifted. So for clearance, lowest hole will lift the implement the highest, at the back of the implement. It will tip it as it lifts, which is not a real downside for most implements, but might not always be desirable for some operators.

Mine has draft control, and the upper holes will move a valve that engages that function if enabled. I leave mine on the lowest hole, which does not rock the pivot for draft control.

Also, get a hydraulic top link if you don't have one. That makes way more difference for lift height than the hole selection will.

/ 3 holes for top link on tractor end #6  
Check your owner's manual...mine has a short paragraph on the subject...I just have a b series...

/ 3 holes for top link on tractor end #7  
Per an old manual from a 35yr old l2850 lower the hole on tractor less stress you put on rear end I believe.

Attachments

• KIMG1715.JPG
    KIMG1715.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 162
  • KIMG1714.JPG
    KIMG1714.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 162
   / 3 holes for top link on tractor end #8  
Hi all, I did a little search but taking the easy way out.
On my Kubota I have a grader bar on the 3 point hitch
Which of the 3 holes for top link will lift the grader bar off the ground the most?
Is there ant downside? I am just dragging the blade and lifting the blade.
How will it affect the Bush Hog or the York Rake?
Thanks
Bruce
There is a very easy way to find out, simply move the top link to each of the pin locations and raise the hitch and measure. Might take you 5-6 minutes to find out for sure vs everyone's guessing.

Typically the top hole allows the implement to be raised basically level, or however it is adjusted when on the ground.
As the pin is lowered in each of the holes, this starts to raise the implement in an arc instead of parallel to the ground.
The lowest pin location increases the arc lifting the implement to it's highest point.
For grading, I prefer to raise the implement level, so the top pin location, but that's just me.

I have seen where from top-bottom will increase the implement raised height as much as 10", but this will vary per machine.

/ 3 holes for top link on tractor end #10  
My Kubota manual also has a description about which type of implement to connect to which hold. Yours probably does also.