3” ball round Gooseneck hitch ?

/ 3” ball round Gooseneck hitch ?
Probably for liability reasons, as some chucklehead would put it on the lightest trailer he could find and try and haul a D-6, winding up on the towing something wrong thread.
Standardization makes sense, you want all the light plugs and ball hitches to be the same size, and putting heavier hitches on the lighter stuff is the only way to do it safely.
A heavier coupler won’t allow anyone to tow any heavier more than putting heavier tires on.
But yeah, I guess.
Kinda funny, I called etrailer tech line and stumped ‘em with my question haha

/ 3” ball round Gooseneck hitch ? #12  
My hide a ball hitch has easy to change balls. Don’t all of them have this option?

My hide a ball hitch has easy to change balls. Don’t all of them have this option?
Yes, my hitch does, but as I said in post #7, if its easy to slap an inner tube with a 3” coupler on a future trailers outer tube, I don’t have to

1. crawl up in the bed and change ball out
2. carry a 2&5/16” ball anymore freeing up space.

Now it’s become a sort of “challenge” just to find a inner tube with a 3” coupler. I have my doubts it even exists. I think it’s only in square tube.

/ 3” ball round Gooseneck hitch ? #14  
I just did a quick google nose-about and I concur, it looks like round is only available in 2 5/16, pre-built.
Your best bet is getting the weld on; fortunately it looks like 4" tube is the standard so you should be able to get a rem of shed 40 from a fencing company for next to nothing, if you don't want to cut the coupler off the existing tube.

/ 3” ball round Gooseneck hitch ? #15  
Give Weaver Distributing in PA a call.
Old fashioned folks with no website.
1 800 weaver d
Worth a call to these good folks.

Just weird how they make the bottom coupler part of a 3” gooseneck coupler, but won’t weld a blank tube to it to make it a complete piece

/ 3” ball round Gooseneck hitch ? #17  
Just weird how they make the bottom coupler part of a 3” gooseneck coupler, but won’t weld a blank tube to it to make it a complete piece
I agree but wonder if the round pipe g/n hitch is not strong enough for the additional rating of the 3" coupling?

/ 3” ball round Gooseneck hitch ? #18  
I'm not an engineer, but have heard the strength of a metal "part" is related to its cross section. If this applies to structural metal there's more metal in a square than an equivalent circle.???

/ 3” ball round Gooseneck hitch ? #19  
   / 3” ball round Gooseneck hitch ? #20  
Well you learn something everyday, I have never even heard of a 3" ball, I thought all goosenecks were 2&5/16.