Price Check 2810 pricing

/ 2810 pricing #11  
104 inches of snow last year, ( which use to be the yearly avg here) in the mnts of Ct, anyway, 1600 ft driveway and I use a FEL.. It is quick, much quicker than a snow blower and as long as you have places along the way to pile the snow. I don't see a problem. For me the blower would be a big waste in dollars for nothing. I have a 72" FEL on my tractor.

/ 2810 pricing #12  
In Maine, most people, even those with tractors, have an old plow truck that won't pass inspection for clearing their driveway. I use an old rusty Ramcharger that has a cab and HEAT!! Once the storm is over, I will use the 3045's FEL to clean things up.

The problem with these darn things is that NONE are good at everything. Only you can determine your needs, priorities and what it's worth for you to satisfy them. A BX22 is an excellent grass machine. It won't hold a candle to my Century for heavy FEL work and I seriously doubt if my Century will do as good a job as the BX cutting grass no matter what I stick on the back. I have to be careful already on the lawn with five thousand pounds on the R4's.

If I were you, I whoud have a Red, Orange, Blue dealer do a demo taking off and on the FEL and snowblower. Then YOU determine the amount of work involved and if it's worth it!
Pacesetter

/ 2810 pricing #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If I were you, I whoud have a Red, Orange, Blue dealer do a demo taking off and on the FEL and snowblower. )</font>

Excellent idea! I'll make sure to discuss this with them when I make next visits! Of course, I haven't seen too many snowblowers sitting around lately! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The thing about my plan is that I won't necessarily just be using it for my own use. I expect I'll be doing some hiring out, do my churches parking lots, etc. I will be having a dumptruck with a plow that I'll be using to tow the tractor, but I figured having two machines for snow removal could be useful, especially on larger jobs.

/ 2810 pricing #14  
Golfgar,
What about hydraulic drive for the snowblower? Much easier to run two or four hoses forward than having a mechanical driveline! I would assume much more flexible as well. I understand why you would want a snowblower as I live further north than you and occasionally think a blower would be cool. But lately, I too think that a front mounted blower would be more bother and expense than its worth. I too bought an old GMC with a plow, warm, radio, coffee holder and no snow in my lap! Consider the hydraulic drive, if they can make ditch mowers that are entirely hydraulic they must build a snowblower that can run on hydraulics. Skid loaders have them! Then one of those sweet Century tractors would do you just fine!
Enjoy the hunt!
Nick

/ 2810 pricing #15  
Hey Nick!

Maybe you've got something there! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I hadn't thought about hydraulic. I did plan on having a skid steer type quick attach on my loader, regardless of the brand of tractor, just for this very reason. I figured that there would be a great deal of versatility with that kind of set up.

That would definitely solve the problem! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

You may have just helped Century move up a notch or two on my list!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Thanks.

/ 2810 pricing #16  
Every once in a while I come up with something good, no matter what my wife says! Any questions on Century give me a yell
Nick

/ 2810 pricing #17  
I recently contacted Branson in GA to ask them if they were going to offer a Mid-Mount PTO on either the 2810 or the 3510. They replied: "We will not be offering a mid-mount PTO on these tractors however, we are currently designing a smaller tractor with this option."

Just letting you know what they told me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ 2810 pricing #18  
We did what Nick was talking about a year ago. It is the easiest way to go but in no way cheap. You will have some big $$ into it when your done. If you would like to know how we did it I would be glad to talk with you 509-521-1507