270DTC rear remotes

/ 270DTC rear remotes #1  

Eric_Phillips

Platinum Member
Tractor
FarmTrac 270DTC
What do I need to get rear remotes on my 270DTC? I do have a loader.

/ 270DTC rear remotes #2  
The easiest way in my opinion is to plumb into the loader valve. I installed a remote on my 270 dtc when I built my home made grapple, although it was not a rear remote, a rear remote can be plumbed the same way. You can search my post low buck grapple build in the customization forum to see some of my plumbing the loader valve for a remote , although I probably did not go into enough detail in that post to give you all the info you need. If you would like, I can snap some pics in the next couple of days and show you more on how to plumb the valve.

/ 270DTC rear remotes
Ryan,
Thanks, for the info. I also just talked with my dealer and he suggested tapping off the power beyond on the loader control. I was hoping they had an extra port on the manifold like you thought in the begining of your grapple customization.

/ 270DTC rear remotes #4  
I will snap some pics today. I tapped into the return line off of the loader valve, and ran this into my inlet port on my remote valve using a new shorter line to link the loader valve return port to the remote valve inlet port. then used the factory return to tank line that formerly went into the loader valve on the right side of valve if you are sitting on the machine, and simply used the correct npt to -an- adapter to hook the factory return line to the return to tank port on my remote valve. Ditto for hooking the new line to the loader valve, I think that one was 10 or 12 An with an O ring, not sure though, Its been awhile. I bought all my lines and adapters at my local TSC chain.

/ 270DTC rear remotes #5  
Her are some pics with breif descriptions.
remote4.jpg
remote3.jpg
remote2.jpg
Top pic. is T1 port on loader valve with AN to NPT adapter installed. hook this port to AUX valve inlet port
Second pic is factory return line formerly hooked to T1 port now hooked to aux valve return to tank port

/ 270DTC rear remotes
Ryan,
Thanks for the pictures. That looks easy. For my application I am wondering if I can tap off the return line where it connects back at the sump. Actually if all that is needed is to put the two controls in series then there is no reason the rear remotes could not be the first in line. I will have to take a look at the manifold to see which option makes the most sense.

/ 270DTC rear remotes #7  
That should work fine. Once you install your remotes,hook up a pressure gauge and adjust the releif valve in your new remotes, as most aux valves come set around 1800 to 2000psi, and your tractor operates at either 2500 or 2800 psi, again its been awhile, cant remember for sure. I will look through my books and get a definate answer on that for you.