3-Point Hitch 2638 Three Point Hitch

/ 2638 Three Point Hitch #1  

Pkty

Tractor
2007 Montana 3840
When raising my brush hog up I’m unable to just ease it up slowly without it jerking up. I have the flow control set to where it lowers slow so no problem going down. Anyone else have this issue?

/ 2638 Three Point Hitch #2  
Haven't had the jerk-up problem. I'm assuming you checked your hydro fluid level? Sometimes the jerking is because of low fluid. My 2538 doesn't have a dip stick so I made one for it. I doubt if your 2638 has one either.

I made mine out of a long zip tie (because it's flexible), and measured down from the filler port on top of the tranny down to the site glass. Then transferred the measurement to the zip tie. Then checked it that way. I can't tell from the site glass alone if it's too high or too low. (I tend to error a little on too high)

/ 2638 Three Point Hitch
Haven't had the jerk-up problem. I'm assuming you checked your hydro fluid level? Sometimes the jerking is because of low fluid. My 2538 doesn't have a dip stick so I made one for it. I doubt if your 2638 has one either.

I made mine out of a long zip tie (because it's flexible), and measured down from the filler port on top of the tranny down to the site glass. Then transferred the measurement to the zip tie. Then checked it that way. I can't tell from the site glass alone if it's too high or too low. (I tend to error a little on too high)

Thanks for the reply. Fluid levels are fine. It’s done it since I got it in 2021. There’s no babying raising the brush hog, pressure seems to be too high or something. No problem with the loader. Going to contact the dealership. May I can shoot a video tomorrow and upload here if that’s possible.

/ 2638 Three Point Hitch #4  
Same as duffer , Easy up and down

/ 2638 Three Point Hitch
It looks as though I just need to be able to correct/adjust the upward speed. Just trying to avoid loading this on a trailer for a two hour trip to dealership if it’s something easy. Thanks for reading.

/ 2638 Three Point Hitch #6  
It looks as though I just need to be able to correct/adjust the upward speed. Just trying to avoid loading this on a trailer for a two hour trip to dealership if it’s something easy. Thanks for reading.
Unfortunately, I don't think there is an adjustment for the "Up" speed. Only the down with the knob on the seat base.

/ 2638 Three Point Hitch
Unfortunately, I don't think there is an adjustment for the "Up" speed. Only the down with the knob on the seat base.

I believe your correct and you should know if you own a 2538. I guess I was expecting a smoother transition from not moving up to suddenly moving.

/ 2638 Three Point Hitch #8  
Try calling your dealer to see if there might be a setting on the main pump, or the control valve that you could adjust. Your 3 pt hitch is fed by the joy stick control valve believe it or not.

/ 2638 Three Point Hitch #9  
Can you feather the loader easy?