Ballast 2516 Front Weights

/ 2516 Front Weights #1  

2516mo

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 mahindra 2516 gear
I wanted to see if anyone had added front suitcase weights. I have a 2516 and without the front loader, it needs front weights. Do I look at the Mahindra weights or is there an alternative? Thanks

/ 2516 Front Weights #2  
I see you are in mo...Im on the west side by kc and looking at the 2516 also..just curious where did you get yours at?...How do you like it so far? if you are around the st. louis area there is a dealer in Ofallon That is very knowledgable and friendly...I stopped there going thru stl louis to look at the 2516 .

/ 2516 Front Weights
I am at the south end of the Kansas City Metro Arrea.

I got mine at Blue Valley Tractor. They are the closest dealer of any kind to me. They were good to work with and promptly got me financed and delivered it the next day. The price was not negotiable, but I guess I am satisfied. I have not had any reason to go back, but want to see what some of the add-ons will cost.

I really like the 2516, although wish sometimes I had the 2816 for the additional size. I previously had an 8N, and what a difference! Other than that I only have about 11 hours so far, but LOVE this tractor. It pulls a 5 foot brush hog, and 6 foot finish with no problems. I had about a 2 acre field get away from me with chest to head high, and had to use the brush hog, and barely got thru it. After about 3 times with the finish mower, it is almost back in shape.
The loader is easy off and on, however, it is a little challenging to get the weight shifted forward to pull out from the loader.

Overall no problems other than a minor adjustment to the pto safety switch that took about 1 minute to fix and 15 minutes to trouble shoot.

/ 2516 Front Weights #4  
I bought mahindra weights for my 3316. Paid about $250 including delivery for 4 41 lb weights. if you can find used weights locally I would think you could save significant money. I think deere weights would work just fine. They look the same to me.

/ 2516 Front Weights #5  
Hey that's good to know... I'm also replacing a 8n so itlooks like all the implements will work.. Glad to hear about blue valley as this is where I will probably end up going ... Just wish there was some more dealers around....