2320 idle speed

/ 2320 idle speed #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Doing a service (fluids and filters) on a neighbors 2320 HST.

The tach I think works right although there is an issue with the hour meter, as she she says it only registers about an hour every 10 of use. Deere wants to replace the cluster.

Tractor only shows 500 hrs and has mowed 5 acres every year for the last 10, plus a ton of other chores. But that isn't the concern, no interest in fixing that, the concern is (my concern) is that idle is still 1300-1400. Are they really supposed to be that high?

/ 2320 idle speed #2  
slow idle speed is to be set at 1300 +/- 50 rpms. It is one of the adjustments Uncle Sam will let you do. If the governor throttle lever is against the slow idle stop screw adjust it there, if it doesn't go the the screw adjust the cable. Make sure it has a good clean air filter installed before adjusting if you decide but sounds like you are in range.

/ 2320 idle speed #3  
My 2305 has the same engine and it is set to the same idle speed. I have never worried about the idle speed. It is what it is and I really like mine the way it is.

/ 2320 idle speed #4  
My 2305 has the same engine and it is set to the same idle speed. I have never worried about the idle speed. It is what it is and I really like mine the way it is.

I agree and you really don't spend much time at idle anyway.

/ 2320 idle speed #5  
It's a John Deere, and it's always just raring to go. :laughing::laughing:

/ 2320 idle speed #6  
I just came back in from putting out a round bale with my 4105 and I remembered to look at my idle revs for you.

With the rev lever down to 'turtle' :): 925 at start-up. After shifting the round bale (operating at 2000 revs) and bringing it back to idle: 975-ish.

Shut the tractor down whilst futsing around with the bale (hay netting/hay ring) then started again: back to 925.

I've noticed no change since I bought this tractor new.