/ 2305 #1  

Russell57

Tractor
John Deere 2305
Why won't the 3 pt hitch lift my rotary cutter?

/ 2305 #2  
Welcome to TBN

Tell us more about the problem. History of what the 3ph used to lift? Has it ever lifted the rotary cutter, or only now? How long have you had the 2305? Recent transmission oil/filter change?

More information may lead to a fix to the problem.

/ 2305 #3  

John Deere 2305​

John Deere 2305 tractor photo
2005 - 2010
2000 Twenty Series
Sub-Compact Utility tractor

John Deere 2305
Tractor hitch
Rear TypeI (limited)
Rear lift (at ends)1433 lbs
650 kg
Rear lift (at 24"/610mm)681 lbs
308 kg
John Deere 2305 Weight
Shipping1450 lbs
657 kg
Operating1865 lbs
845 kg

/ 2305
Just purchased a quick hitch and 2048 rotary cutter for my 2006 2305. Got everything connected and will only lift up a couple of inches. When I start using it it will lift up half way. When I let it back down it does the same thing. Will only lift when I start mowing again. Have a box blade but haven't tried it yet.

/ 2305 #5  
1) How much does your Rotary Cutter weigh?

2) Are the bolted together Three Point Hitch tower/frame bolts and nuts tight, so the tower does not sag?

3) Your Rotary Cutter may not be compatible with a Category 1 / limited
Three Point Hitch.

REFERENCE: TractorData.com - Three-Point Hitch

4) Consider moving the inboard/tractor end of your Top Link to an alternative hole. On most subcompact tractors there are two adjustment holes.

REFERENCE: 3 holes for top link on tractor end

Last edited:
   / 2305 #6  
Check under the seat. Look in the middle of the metal seat support and see if the unit has a lift drop control valve. If it has one it will be a yellow and round knob sticking out. Usually such knob are screwed in to reduce flow and out to increase flow.

Also do you have a backhoe on he unit and have removed it to attach the rotary cutter. Did you plug the two hydraulic lines on the ear together?

Also do you have a middle mount mower and was using the lift arms on the rear to raise the MM mower and had made adjustments for that,

Also do you have a seperate lift for the MM mower activated by a knob on the front of the right rear fender that switches the hydraulic lift to the MM hyraulic system.

Last edited: