Comparison $20K comparison - Kioti DS4510HS vs Mahindra 4110 vs John Deere 2520

/ $20K comparison - Kioti DS4510HS vs Mahindra 4110 vs John Deere 2520 #11  
Actually I think that is what the HS at the end stands for (DS4510HS). Hydraulic shuttle.
I am still not sure why a hydraulic shuttle was available for some DS series tractors and not the DK series
DS4510HS Utility Tractor | Kioti Tractors

Hmmmm ... That would make sense. When I was shopping a couple years ago, I was told that the DS series only had a straight shuttle option. Was that wrong then, or is the hydraulic option new?

/ $20K comparison - Kioti DS4510HS vs Mahindra 4110 vs John Deere 2520 #12  
Hmmmm ... That would make sense. When I was shopping a couple years ago, I was told that the DS series only had a straight shuttle option. Was that wrong then, or is the hydraulic option new?
Far as I know the DS 4110 and 4510 were always available with straight shuttle (non synchronized shuttle) or with hydraulic shuttle in the HS model.
The only reason I remembered that is I questioned it when the DS series first came out, (Why the hydraulic shuttle option on the DS and not the DK series)
The 3510 is straight shuttle only

/ $20K comparison - Kioti DS4510HS vs Mahindra 4110 vs John Deere 2520 #13  
Far as I know the DS 4110 and 4510 were always available with straight shuttle (non synchronized shuttle) or with hydraulic shuttle in the HS model.
The only reason I remembered that is I questioned it when the DS series first came out, (Why the hydraulic shuttle option on the DS and not the DK series)
The 3510 is straight shuttle only

Ok, forgive me... I was confusing terminology there. I was thinking "power shuttle" and not "hydraulic synchronized shuttle" ...

The DS is not available in power shuttle, correct?

I also noticed that they changed the front loader lift capacity. When I was shopping a couple years ago, the loader had the same specs as the DK loader, now is down by about 400lbs.

/ $20K comparison - Kioti DS4510HS vs Mahindra 4110 vs John Deere 2520
Are you sure the DS4510 had a hydraulic shuttle? I'm pretty sure that the DS series is a straight gear shuttle, not with a hydraulic reverser.

You are right that out of those 3 the Kioti is definitely giving you the most for your money. Do you have an LS dealer near you? If you do, you could probably get a 46 horse XR4046 with shuttle for around that same price, and you would have more features.

I bought the DS4510HS. Yes, definitely has a hydraulic shuttle. In fact, that's what sold me on the machine. I've had some problems with my left knee so the hydraulic shuttle is a big plus and it seems you have to get a much smaller machine to get hydrostatic at this price and I didn't want to go that route. It sure is nice not to have to use the dry clutch all the time!

I was very interested to look at LS. However, there are none near by to look at and not sure if they have any clutchless option at that size/price. The kioti place is 15 miles away, the deal seemed good and I have prior experience with Kioti. And finally (just personal preference) I like orange more than blue.

Below are picture of the LB1914 and DS4510HS together and then the DS4510HS with the back half of the FOPS from the LB1914. Need to make a trip to my cousins metal fab shop to finish the front end of the FOPS.

Lower Frederick-20141209-00848.jpgLower Frederick-20141214-00854.jpg

Ok, forgive me... I was confusing terminology there. I was thinking "power shuttle" and not "hydraulic synchronized shuttle" ...

I also noticed that they changed the front loader lift capacity. When I was shopping a couple years ago, the loader had the same specs as the DK loader, now is down by about 400lbs.

As far as I know the loaders are identical except for the mounting. Same loader arms, cylindars and running the same pressure. At the Kioti website and in my Broshures they both have identical lift capacities. I do remeber reading a lower capacity somewhere and think it must be a mistake because it is inconsitent with everything else including the physics (same pressure, cylinders, geometry has to equal same capacity)

Curious - where did you see the lower capacity numbers?

Speaking of funny numbers... The DK45 hydrostatic is reported by Kioti to have more PTO hp than a strait gear DS4510. I find this to be highly unlikely unless their using 150 weight oil in the mechanical gear box of the DS4510!:eek: To me, this smells like marketing not wanting to report that their premium tractor has less PTO hp than their economy tractor. I think the DS4510 is underrated for PTO hp. Is there any other reason a company would do this? Would love to get both on a dyno!

/ $20K comparison - Kioti DS4510HS vs Mahindra 4110 vs John Deere 2520 #17  
As far as I know the loaders are identical except for the mounting. Same loader arms, cylindars and running the same pressure. At the Kioti website and in my Broshures they both have identical lift capacities. I do remeber reading a lower capacity somewhere and think it must be a mistake because it is inconsitent with everything else including the physics (same pressure, cylinders, geometry has to equal same capacity)

Curious - where did you see the lower capacity numbers?

It's odd, they describe it in the general description, but when you go to the loader spec page, the number is 2761 again. Must be a typo in the description.

ForumRunner_20141220_101117.png

I checked my loader owners manual and it also has 2761; same as the specs at the Kioti site and in the Broshure.

/ $20K comparison - Kioti DS4510HS vs Mahindra 4110 vs John Deere 2520 #19  

It is my understanding that the DS hydraulic shuttle and a power shuttle are the same thing.
The ability to forward/reverse without needing to use the clutch.

I've heard a number of people refer to hydraulic shuttles and power shuttles as if they are different things. If they are, I'd really like to undrstand this difference.... Anyone?