2020 RAM 1500 Bighorn

/ 2020 RAM 1500 Bighorn #21  
That kinda sucks. Quality of dealer service sounds lacking
Yeah it is . Unfortunately it's the only one around here. Even getting them to either answer the phone or call back is a lesson in futility.
When I took it back for the body mount bolts creaking and cracking, which was another recall, it was pretty much the same scenario. They had to take it for a drive to confirm it was creaking even tho it was a common problem.
I played back the dash cam video when I got home from when the service manager and a mechanic went for a drive around the yard. "Yeah, gotta love these internet mechanics" the service manager said to the mechanic. I was 2 seconds away from calling the shop and ripping them a new one but common sense prevailed. I figured they can do more annoying things to me than I can to them so I kept my trap shut.
You wonder why people despise dealerships. I don't even let them change my oil even tho there was I think three included when I bought the truck.

/ 2020 RAM 1500 Bighorn #22  
Yeah it is . Unfortunately it's the only one around here. Even getting them to either answer the phone or call back is a lesson in futility.
When I took it back for the body mount bolts creaking and cracking, which was another recall, it was pretty much the same scenario. They had to take it for a drive to confirm it was creaking even tho it was a common problem.
I played back the dash cam video when I got home from when the service manager and a mechanic went for a drive around the yard. "Yeah, gotta love these internet mechanics" the service manager said to the mechanic. I was 2 seconds away from calling the shop and ripping them a new one but common sense prevailed. I figured they can do more annoying things to me than I can to them so I kept my trap shut.
You wonder why people despise dealerships. I don't even let them change my oil even tho there was I think three included when I bought the truck.
I purchased an extended warranty that included 5 oil changes. My dealer is about an 8.5-9 out of 10. They move a crap ton of Ram trucks.
Liked them so much I bought a Jeep Rubicon from them, too.

I like to buy my vehicles from big dealers who move a LOT of vehicles and my fuel from truck plazas that sell a LOT of fuel.

Tractors and farm machinery? I prefer a smaller dealer.

/ 2020 RAM 1500 Bighorn
Thanks for all the input. I ended up selling my 2003 2wd f150 manual and bought a 2003 f150 4wd automatic with 56,000 miles. I am just having a hard time getting over the cost of newer trucks right now.

I tend to go through vehicles but going to drive this one for a couple of years and then reevaluate getting a newer truck. I do think I am going to possibly go with the RAM in the future. Thier trucks seem to be really nice when you look at what you are getting extra that some of the lower end Ford F150's dont have standard in the their new vehicles when comparing prices.

/ 2020 RAM 1500 Bighorn #24  
I have been looking at sdeveral different trucks recently. I am looking to get a newer truck. I have always had mostly Ford trucks. Today I was looking at the Tundra's on a Toyota lot when I noticed a RAM truck in their used side. It was really clean and I decided to take it for a test drive. I must say that I was very impressed with the truck. They are trying to sell it for 30k.

Truck has 90000 miles and was fleet owned by a local company near the dealer. The underside is super clean and by the looks of everything it has only seen highway miles. Everything works good on it and it drove very smooth. It is a crew cab with new michelins on it.

I am thinkng really hard about this truck. The miles scare me a little but it is a 2020 and the service record shows it has been maintained and serviced ever since new, regularly. I am looking for opinions on these new RAMs. Any current owners with these new trucks on here? Any first time RAM buyers that are happy they choose a RAM? I also must admit that I nervouse about it being a RAM. I grew up on Fords and that is what I know but this truck seems to me to be nicer than the newer Fords I have looked at and also a better price. I am just not sure and want to make an intellegent decision.

One last thing, I am not looking for a puller. I already have a Super Duty. This will be my everyday around town type of truck.

Appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks
I had never owned a Dodge and I’m 69. Now, I have a Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins and I absolutely love it. I’m retired now and it pulls the fire out of our 38 foot camper. That just me

/ 2020 RAM 1500 Bighorn #25  
I had never owned a Dodge and I’m 69. Now, I have a Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins and I absolutely love it. I’m retired now and it pulls the fire out of our 38 foot camper. That just me
Aren't they great?!?!
Other than the price of diesel fuel, they are about as good as it gets

/ 2020 RAM 1500 Bighorn #26  
I am just having a hard time getting over the cost of newer trucks right now.
Yeah, no kidding! Was floored when I read your OP with 90k miles at $30k. My RAM 1500 is a 2015, very nicely optioned, and I paid just a hair over $30k for it with only 9k miles in 2017.