2018 EMAX 25 cab

/ 2018 EMAX 25 cab #1  

jimmy1

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra Emax 25s cab
Hello,

I took possession of a new 2018 model EMAX 25 and cab this past summer. I have not had a good start to my Mahindra experience so far and have had a fair few issues. The latest one being the oil filters are blowing seals and then of course my oil ends up on the ground pretty quick.

I had it at the dealers for the new snowblower install and I had them do the first service as it was at 50 hrs. while it was there. They did the service and installed the blower and dropped the tractor off at my place. They said they ran the engine after the service and the delivery guy unloaded at the end of the drive way(due to snow) and drove it up my drive way and left it in my yard. I came home from work looked over the blower and the set up then jumped in to start it up cause I was ready to blow snow. I started it, jumped off to let it warm up and oil was spewing all over the ground. The dealer could not understand why this would happen but they did use a CASE IH filter and have all along on those tractors. So, they came out put on a Mahindra filter and got me going again. I blew snow probably twice then it was a couple weeks before I needed it again and one night I go to blow the lane way and again the filter seal blew and oil all over the ground. Dealer came again, changes out the thread and puts on a new Mahindra filter and not sure what else. All seemed fine but I was watching it like a hawk. Then the dealer called to say they got an email from Mahindra saying they are sending a new updated Mahindra filter and the tech is coming out to install it. They just acted on the email but do know at this point what the actual problem was or is yet.

Anyway, not to burden anyone with my problems or bash Mahindra or the dealer (they have been exceptional through this) but just interested to know if this model year has an issue that anyone knows of or if I am alone with this experience? I think this model year has a Kukje engine and they were Daedongs before?

Thanks
Jim

/ 2018 EMAX 25 cab #2  
What’s the oil pressure?

/ 2018 EMAX 25 cab
What痴 the oil pressure?

I do not know. This unit does not have a gauge, only the idiot light. If oil pressure can be checked other ways that was not done.

/ 2018 EMAX 25 cab #4  
I would say that’s step 1!!! Any mechanic (should) can take the idiot light switch out and screw in a gauge.......

/ 2018 EMAX 25 cab #5  
I would say that’s step 1!!! Any mechanic (should) can take the idiot light switch out and screw in a gauge.......
I don't think RNeumann means a gauge in place of the idiot light in the dash (that would be interesting though), but any competent mechanic should be able to install a pressure sender in place of the idiot sensor that makes the light light.

/ 2018 EMAX 25 cab #6  
I don't think RNeumann means a gauge in place of the idiot light in the dash (that would be interesting though), but any competent mechanic should be able to install a pressure sender in place of the idiot sensor that makes the light light.

Yes that wasn’t very clear. Remove idiot light switch, screw in a shop/temporary gauge, start tractor. This will tell you the pressure to verify you don’t have an overpressure situation. Then remove the temporary gauge and put the idiot light switch back in.