2017 Kubota BX25 D

/ 2017 Kubota BX25 D #11  
Looking forward to seeing your new to you BX25D pictures tomorrow, as any day you get a new machine is a great day.

Then the happiness begins using it!

/ 2017 Kubota BX25 D
Just wanted to update, I did pick up the little BX25D last Friday, but not before buying a brand new "Big Tex" 16 foot, dual axle trailer, but that's a whole other story. I haven't stopped smiling since I got the BX. I absolutely love it. I will get some pictures posted soon. I'm really looking forward to spending time in the seat this summer.

/ 2017 Kubota BX25 D #13  
Just wanted to update, I did pick up the little BX25D last Friday, but not before buying a brand new "Big Tex" 16 foot, dual axle trailer, but that's a whole other story. I haven't stopped smiling since I got the BX. I absolutely love it. I will get some pictures posted soon. I'm really looking forward to spending time in the seat this summer.

Good for you, homey - enjoy!

/ 2017 Kubota BX25 D #14  
I used to call my tractors the smile machine, you can't really do something with a tractor and not get at least a little grin.

Get those pics up!

/ 2017 Kubota BX25 D
Good Lord. Does time fly or what? Pretty darn near a month since I started this thread. I just want to update a bit. Between lots of other chores and miserable weather here in the Northeast USA, I am just getting my "new to me" Orange BX25DLB cleaned, and up to date on services. While the seller (original owner) was a nice guy and gave me a good deal, I was disappointed in the service he had performed, which was none. When I picked it up, he told me a 200 hr service was due. I assumed he had done the 50 hr. service. I found out when I got it here, that he had not. So, I have done an engine oil change, along with the filter, (2) In line fuel filter changes, an air filter element and a hyd./trans filter change. That pretty much brings the 50 hour, and the 200 hr, up to date. The cutting blades on the mower deck are pretty beat up, so I am waiting on new replacements. The backhoe attachment was probably the cleanest end of the tractor. I've taken it off and, stored it in my run-in-shed. FEL seems fine.
I'm really thankful to own this tractor, and I don't want anyone to mistake my updating to "whining" about what wasn't done, because I'm not. I really enjoy doing what I can do. It makes the ownership more rewarding if you can keep things up to schedule. I'm by no stretch mechanically inclined, but it doesn't take a lot to do the minimum. It just makes you wonder why some people would buy a machine like this, and then do nothing, neither by dealer, or by himself? As I said, no complaints. I learn with everything I do. Just as a side note, I bought a qt of Kubota's HDT2 because the manual says you lose some when you change the Hyd/Trans filter, due at 200hrs. So I changed out the filter, and proceeded to top it off. It took the whole qt. and still didn't show on the stick. "Hey Honey, when you go by the Kubota dealer, would you get me a qt of HDT2". I dump it in, still a no show on the stick. Oh, oh. So I run up and buy 2 more qts. First one results in another no show on the stick. It took 3 qts, and 18 ounces to bring it up to the top of the XXXXX, on the stick. I feel like I rescued one. LOL. I will post pics at some point.

/ 2017 Kubota BX25 D #16  
Congrats on your new toy. Yer probably happier than a pet coon!
Now you can put it to work and find out just what it will do.
A backhoe sure beats a shovel!

willy

/ 2017 Kubota BX25 D
Congrats on your new toy. Yer probably happier than a pet coon!
Now you can put it to work and find out just what it will do.
A backhoe sure beats a shovel!

willy
Yes it does, Willy. Thanks for replying.

/ 2017 Kubota BX25 D #19  
With the tractor that new and that few of hours I think you have taken care of things in time. Some makers, and I think Kubota is one, that have done away with the 50 hours service.

/ 2017 Kubota BX25 D #20  
be careful adding fluid, especially if its a hst, on my mahindra, with it cold, the stick is dry, so i added some, it went way over. my book says check after its been warmed up, and shut off for a couple minutes.