2014 MF 1734e Real doggy

/ 2014 MF 1734e Real doggy
Was it smoking when it started to lose power? If yes that would point more towards air intake restriction. Diesels are pretty basic need fuel and air. Like you state filters are first thing to check. On the fuel filter look for any water or sludge which can be algae growth. Make sure you bleed the air out of the fuel filters before trying to start it again.
No smoke just losing power an trying to die,

Have you read in your Owner's Manual about (DPF) Diesel Paticulate Filter REGENERATION? Your tractor may have been one of the early Tier IV models.

While it varies by tractor, regeneration should occur approximately every sixty engine hours.

Stricter Tier IV off-road diesel engine emission reduction standards phased in dealer tractor inventory during 2009 - 2012, impacting tractor prices.

Tier IV emission standards require tractor manufacturers to add or revise pollution reduction technology on new tractors generating over 19 kW power = 25.4794 horsepower.

DPF is used by the majority of tractor manufactures for emissions control on OVER 24.4794 horsepower tractors.

Tier IV technology complicates the engine and exhaust package and is a significant cost factor. The pollutants emitted by a TierIV technology tractor are about 1% of the pollutants emitted by a pre-Tier IV tractor.

Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) captures exhaust particulates (soot) in a ceramic matrix. When tractor engine runs sufficiently hot, accumulated particulates burn off periodically without operator intervention. If engine is not run continuously hot long enough to burn off particulates, diesel soot accumulates in the matrix. Once heavy soot accumulates in DPF the tractor forces soot clearance with the tractor parked and throttle open to about 2,200 rpm for about sixteen minutes, which makes the DPF REALLY HOT to burn off all accumulated soot. Burning off accumulated soot, either during operation or parked is called REGENERATION.

Regeneration is an infrequent DPF event with my Kubota three cylinder, 37-horsepower engine. Generally once every sixty engine hours. (Very consistent in Florida due to warm weather.)

60 hours X 60 minutes = 3,600 minutes.

16 regeneration minutes /3,600 = .00444 = 4/10s of 1% of engine time is consumed during parked regeneration.

Fuel cost for sixteen minute parked regeneration @ 2,200 rpm ~~$1.00.

Forty percent of my regenerations occur during operation, sixty percent parked.

The average residential tractor operates eighty engine hours per year, according to industry surveys.

3,000 hours DPF Life / 80 hours = 37.5 years of residential use prior to DPF replacement.

Diesel Particulate Filter supersedes tractor muffler.
At some point in time DPF needs to be replaced.
At some point in time tractors with mufflers need the muffler replaced.
Thank yo that makes sense, there were indicator lights that told me I needed to run it for about 40mins to burn off, it was after I did this the problem occurred. Also I noticed the hour meter wasn't changing, so that makes me think there are more hours on the tractor then I was intentionally told. I found it odd that a 2014 would only have 234 hrs on it. Is there anything else I can do or look at for this problem?

/ 2014 MF 1734e Real doggy #13  
Did you fix this? I had a similar problem with 1739e. You could see the sediment bowl was running low, looked like it air in but it was vacuum. There was a bug in the fuel tank. It was near the fuel outlet and every time I tried for more power it got sucked into the pipe (but didn't fit!) I cleaned the tank out but still had a issue with fuel supply. I took out the small inline filter that is just above the brush guard crossmember and had over a 1000 hours of trouble free 'tractoring' after that.

Was it smoking when it started to lose power? If yes that would point more towards air intake restriction. Diesels are pretty basic need fuel and air. Like you state filters are first thing to check. On the fuel filter look for any water or sludge which can be algae growth. Make sure you bleed the air out of the fuel filters before trying to start it again.
No sludge , air filter is fair. Changed the oil and fuel filters and she seems to be running ok so far. So I am guessing the fuel filter is , was clogged a bit. We shall see what happens next . thank you for your reply and I am sure I will be back with more questions. Diesels are sure a different animal :)