2011 or 2012 F-250 ??

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ??
Nice looking truck. The only problem I know of is those Michelin tires. I know a couple folks that bought those trucks and only got 30K or 40K out of the tires. Not trying to find problems or start arguements, just letting you know what I have seen. Enjoy your new truck.

Yeah, I would have preferred Goodyears and that is what I will go to when these are worn out.

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #92  
I like that color scheme, very nice! :thumbsup:

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ??
Thanks everyone for the comments on my new F-350.

Since my truck was ordered by me the window sticker never appeared listed on the dealers web page asit was never 'on the lot' so to speak.

I'm sure many of you have viewed the PDF version of the window sticker of a vehicle when shopping online. Well even though I have the hard copy of my window sticker I thought it would be nice to have the PDF version also, so I tried plugging in my VIN in place of the URL for another vehicle and it worked. I now have a PDF copy of my window sticker.

If you bought a vehicle recently give it a try and see if it works for you.

Merry Christmas everyone! Santa-smiley.gif

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #95  
Nice looking truck. The only problem I know of is those Michelin tires. I know a couple folks that bought those trucks and only got 30K or 40K out of the tires. Not trying to find problems or start arguements, just letting you know what I have seen. Enjoy your new truck.

I have never gotten more then 30K out of a set of tires on any of my diesels. 3 Fords and one one GMC. All my neighbors have SRW 1 tons also from GM, Ford, and Dodge and dont do any better. Just the nature of the beast. We have tried every tire on the market with decent tread for mud and snow between the 8 or so of us.

Chris

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #96  
I have never gotten more then 30K out of a set of tires on any of my diesels. 3 Fords and one one GMC. All my neighbors have SRW 1 tons also from GM, Ford, and Dodge and dont do any better. Just the nature of the beast. We have tried every tire on the market with decent tread for mud and snow between the 8 or so of us.

Chris
I usually get about 65,000 out of Firestone Transforce on mine. I have run Ford and GM. My GM came with Goodyears, they lasted about 40,000. My ford acme with Continentals, they lasted about 30,000. No snow here, and these trucks don't do well in mud anyway so I don't need agressive tread. My BIL went to Hankook and has had good mileage with them. Your conditions are obviously different though.
I just know that there have been several problems with the Michelins on the new Fords. The rubber on the treads just starts tearing off.

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #97  
I usually get about 65,000 out of Firestone Transforce on mine. I have run Ford and GM. My GM came with Goodyears, they lasted about 40,000. My ford acme with Continentals, they lasted about 30,000. No snow here, and these trucks don't do well in mud anyway so I don't need agressive tread. My BIL went to Hankook and has had good mileage with them. Your conditions are obviously different though.
I just know that there have been several problems with the Michelins on the new Fords. The rubber on the treads just starts tearing off.

I guess its all in how you use them. I have 12,000# to 25,000# behind my truck 1/2 the time. My neighbor with a 07 Dmax is on his 4th set of tires and its only got 80,000 miles. He hauls a 14,000# 5th wheel for about 1/2 the miles and a bass boat that is maybe 3,000# or his lawn care business trailer that is about 4,000# most of the rest. He only drives the truck unloaded maybe 5,000 miles per year.

Chris

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #98  
I guess its all in how you use them. I have 12,000# to 25,000# behind my truck 1/2 the time. My neighbor with a 07 Dmax is on his 4th set of tires and its only got 80,000 miles. He hauls a 14,000# 5th wheel for about 1/2 the miles and a bass boat that is maybe 3,000# or his lawn care business trailer that is about 4,000# most of the rest. He only drives the truck unloaded maybe 5,000 miles per year.

Chris
Most fo mine are towing (usually 12k or 14k) or hauling something in the bed, probably 75% of the miles. I have a car for commutes and running around town. I guess the big difference is the tread. Yall have to run more agressive tread. We don't get much snow along the Gulf coast to worry about that. Anyway, I think I would cry if I was buying $800 or $1000 worth of tires every 30,000 miles.

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ?? #99  
Here's a couple quick shots with the cell camera.
My 05 F-150 in the background.
View attachment 243169

Big Congrats !
Think your gonna like it.
I have the 2011 c/cab plain jane white version,6.7 4x4 3.53 rears,got about 20,000 on mine(had it over ayear).Getting almost 19 miles per gallon.
Welcome to the DEF-horse pi$$ club. :)

Boone

/ 2011 or 2012 F-250 ??
Thanks.

took it for a drive yesterday to my sisters place to visit for Christmas.
Zeroed one of the trip meters just to see what I am getting. Its way early with only 100 miles logged so far (before beginning the trip yesterday) but I figured I'd see what its doing and play with the buttons. :)

So 52 miles one way. No highways, its all state and county roads with 50 MPH being the highest speed limit. Probably a dozen or so traffic lights and just as many stop signs. Longest stretch w/o stopping was maybe 10 miles. I kept it under 55 in the 50 zones and obeyed the limits everywhere else. When we got home the MPG for the trip was 19.8 MPG. I know I'm driving easier than I will once I get used to the truck and logged a few hundred more miles, but that is 3 MPG better than the F-150 has done on the same trip in the past. Not enough to offset the difference in diesel (3.69) over gas (3.06) but it helps.