2009 Toolcat Help. Is it a good price?

/ 2009 Toolcat Help. Is it a good price? #1  

packfan56

Tractor
none yet
I recently came upon a 2009 toolcat 5600 that the owner is looking to sell. It has a new bed, but the cab is pretty rusted out. There is some broken plastic, lights, and other minor things. It has 5800 hours and the owner says that it runs great other than needing a turbo. It would come with no attachments. I am new to toolcats, but have always heard what a great work machine they are. Is there anything else I need to be worried about with this year toolcat or anything I should look out for when test driving the machine? If I am able to purchase it for 10k would that be a fair price? Thanks I appreciate everyones info.

/ 2009 Toolcat Help. Is it a good price? #2  
5,800 hours is a lot of use, could be more than a turbo needed. For the cost of the machine plus repairs maybe you could find a lower hour machine that doesn’t need repair.

/ 2009 Toolcat Help. Is it a good price?
Thanks for the advice. The machine runs and drives fine but leaks oil out of the turbo. Any idea what else could be an issue? If it’s just the turbo that isn’t too extensive of a fix right? Thanks

/ 2009 Toolcat Help. Is it a good price? #4  
never priced a turbo but if its anything like other Bobcat parts its not couple hundred dollars.

5800 hours is lots, rusted bad one thing you can not fix is rust, you can paint it, weld it but its still there

I would pass and look for less hours in better overall condition, consider what this one will cost to fix up including the 10K and its 20K? its still a high hour machine, everyone selling says runs great, great with a shot turbo?

/ 2009 Toolcat Help. Is it a good price? #5  
There is a lot of mechanical doodads on a TC and with 5800 hours you could be tinkering and fixing stuff all the time.

/ 2009 Toolcat Help. Is it a good price? #6  
my first Toolcat had way less hours and a constant fixing, learnt a lot buy new next time, I figured what I saved spent way more in parts, good experience got to know the service guys very well

I would not buy a Toolcat with that many hours and needing work, owner says runs great just needs a turbo? I knew nothing about a Toolcat, fixed many skidsteers but Toolcats are a different level

the 2005 was also rusting faster than I could fix it