2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM
If it was the turbo charger, chances are the engine would not run because when a turbo lets go, the cold side of the turbo comes apart and the engine eats the blade parts and in turn eats the engine too or at least the top end. Turbo's are not forever and that is why it's important to remove the outlet side of the piping and check for freeplay in the turbine rotor radially and back and forth occasionally and determine if it spins easily. If I had one go, I'd much prefer it to be a seizing bearing on the hot side which is a ceramic bearing that the other alternative. When I worked at the Western Star dealership I retired from, every grenaded turbo resulted in at least a top end rebuild and / or a new head depending on the amount of damage and they all came in on a wrecker too. You have other issues.
Don't believe I mentioned anything about the turbos as the engine operates as it should.

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM
Did you check the differential for that blade? You may have busted a gear. Pull the top cover off and inspect the gear set.
Wouldn't that cause it to not work all together? It works when the blades are engaged outside of grass and has full power, when I creep into the grass it starts to bog down and wants to proceed to kill the engine unless I turn the blades off. All blades spin freely by hand. Seems to get worse the longer the motor runs as the fluid is heating up and slipping by the o-rings?

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM #13  
PTO to me means engaging the blades, but yes it is all hydraulic driven. I'm thinking it the hydraulic motor as well, which I believe is located under the seat?

I do not know your machine very well but from the pictures it looks like this is the system:
1, you have the diesel engine which is behind the operators seat.
2, there is a hydraulic pump which is connected to the engine by a shaft and also likely behind the operators seat.
3, there are hydraulic lines coming from the pump to hydraulic motors, one on each deck.
4, the hydraulic motors on each deck drive the blades and it seems like there are also some blades driven off the motors with belts.

So the hypothesis goes that there might be some damage that was done to either one of the spindles that the blades are attached to or possibly the hydraulic motor itself when you got that branch caught in the mower deck.

Look for excessive play or binding in the bearings at the blades. Check condition of hydraulic fluid, level, color, metal shavings. Check to see how hot the hydraulic motor gets compared to the others when in operation. This is a start at trying to figure out what might be going on.

Hope this helps!

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM #14  
PTO to me means engaging the blades, but yes it is all hydraulic driven. I'm thinking it the hydraulic motor as well, which I believe is located under the seat?
I think the hydraulic motor spins the blades. Definitely not under your seat. I think I would start over. Make sure all blades are free. Then start isolating and troubleshooting if necessary