Loader 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding?

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #11  
Kenny- what lubricant would you have recommended?

My two fav's in this order:
1) Fluid Film
2) PB Blaster

JD has a good one too if a dealer convenient. WD was invented as a "Water Displacement" product, it was the 40th formula they tried.

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #12  
Ditto on kennyd's analysis.

My main use for WD-40 is to spray it on oil drips on my concrete on driveway apron. Too many visitors cars' leave an oil drip or two. A squirt of WD and rinse off with water takes good care and doesn't leave a stain.

A little-known product called Blue Creeper is the best (IMO) for penetrating rust and getting into tight places. Much improved over Kroil products, but likely will never make the big time. It's a "go to" oiler for precision oiling like sewing machines, and a miracle worker if rusted bolt threads.

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding?
Well I'm 99% sure it's a linkage issue rather than the valve assembly.
See the three pics. The first is the turnbuckle that ties the curl function to the lower valve cylinder on the valve assembly. With this attached everything feels tight during side to side curl action. I removed the turnbuckle retaining nut and now side to side is freewheeling with the joystick (as expected) and during raise and lower action with the joystick which also moved the lower valve cylinder (which I don't really understand) moves reasonably. But in the third picture, where my finger is pointing, that linkage seems binding on its shaft. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It looks like there is a c clip on the outside of the shaft, but I have to see if there are parts that may fall off if I slide that shaft. Has any one done this?

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding?
It's not 100% but now usable. I bought some PB blaster and give it a good soaking and working the joystick.

I tried to remove that shaft (part 22 in the diagram below). I'm convinced the shaft is seized/locked on to the inboard bell crank so I could not remove it. Fortunately,the PB blaster was able to penetrate the outboard bell crank and shaft and now it is mostly free and I have proper curl operation. I'll keep soaking and working the linkage and maybe it will free up more.

Thanks for the advice guys.
Bob
image.gif

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #15  
Great Bob:thumbsup:

I'm betting like you-with continued use and some good juice it will only get better :cool2:

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #16  
:thumbsup: