Loader 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding?

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #1  

4runner

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD 322, JD 4110
My tractor's loader joystick seems to be binding during the curl action... It seems ok for raising/lowering. It worked ok earlier this year, but I didn't use the tractor for a few months and now it seems messed up. Any ideas? Thanks much.

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #2  
My tractor's loader joystick seems to be binding during the curl action... It seems ok for raising/lowering. It worked ok earlier this year, but I didn't use the tractor for a few months and now it seems messed up. Any ideas? Thanks much.

I would drain all fuel and replace fuel filter. Never know what has been poured into the tank, or how clean the container was. I remember reading something very similar on here a couple years ago. Guy finally took the filter assembly off and found a spider at the oiler was the issue. Might be a cheap fix- or peace of mind at the very least.

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #3  
I would drain all fuel and replace fuel filter. Never know what has been poured into the tank, or how clean the container was. I remember reading something very similar on here a couple years ago. Guy finally took the filter assembly off and found a spider at the oiler was the issue. Might be a cheap fix- or peace of mind at the very least.

Outlet

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #4  
Sorry, this went on the wrong link

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #5  

Have you lubricated all the linkages?

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding?
Kenny,
I sprayed WD 40 on the linkages and worked the joystick for a bit. I removed the plastic cover that goes across the back part of the tractor (below seat at floor) and everything looked ok, and I could spray the WD 40 directly on the linkage. It seemed a bit better, but it still pretty bad. When I go to curl it feels like an obstruction. Any other ideas are appreciated.
Thanks,
Bob

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #7  
WD40 is a terrible lubricant, but certainly better than nothing. If the linkages are not binding, I would suspect the detent springs in the valve-the parts inside the cover #17, the grease could be hard from age or who knows what.

There are a lot of parts in there, and you'd have to remove the valve to do it right...sorry I don't have any other magic solutions for you.

MP26529________UN05NOV01.gif

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #8  

I'd re-set the connectors if not done already, and maybe switch FEL lines from lift to curl functions to see if the problem follows the function.
Then would look at getting a pressure gauge to check what the oil pressure is at each line to your FEL.

To Wvantatti
You can use the "delete" function under "Edit post" to get rid of the three posts in error.. ..it happens. ;)

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding? #9  
I'd re-set the connectors if not done already, and maybe switch FEL lines from lift to curl functions to see if the problem follows the function.
Then would look at getting a pressure gauge to check what the oil pressure is at each line to your FEL.

The joystick is binding, that is not a symptom on low hydraulic pressure or unseated coupler.

/ 2003 Deere 4110 loader SCV binding?
WD40 is a terrible lubricant, but certainly better than nothing. If the linkages are not binding, I would suspect the detent springs in the valve-the parts inside the cover #17, the grease could be hard from age or who knows what.

There are a lot of parts in there, and you'd have to remove the valve to do it right...sorry I don't have any other magic solutions for you.

View attachment 479720

Kenny- what lubricant would you have recommended?

And disassembling the valve assembly is something that seems above my comfort level.

The one thing I was working on was to remove the linkage from the lower valve piston to see if the the linkage was the issue or the valve. I removed the small cotter pin/washer thinking the shaft would slide out but it didn't. Any recommendations on that?

Beenthere-I think it is the linkage/valve but I can give your idea a shot. Thanks.