2002 Branson 3510 getting what appears to be oil in coolant...frothy looking

/ 2002 Branson 3510 getting what appears to be oil in coolant...frothy looking
Easy now Cougsfan, slow your roll!!! I went to Branson website when I first got the tractor and I remember two Branson dealerships in the "area". One was southwest of Houston, in Fort Bend County, I think, and the other was east in Beaumont, Texas, now both are not on the Branson website anymore, check for yourself. The closest was approximately 100 miles away and I was told there the information in my previous post. It just seems suspicious that the dealerships "in my area" are not handling the Branson brand anymore and I'm not going to knock the brand but I am going to heed the writing on the wall...after my Branson is repaired and good to go it's for sale. I'm going to buy a brand new Kubota L3901 soon, there are at least five Kubota dealerships in my area and parts/service are easier to obtain. I don't know which brand the dealership will sell but I don't think it will be Kubota because across the street about a 1/4 mile down was a Kubota dealership. There are other brands here in the Houston area too many to mention but NOT Branson.

/ 2002 Branson 3510 getting what appears to be oil in coolant...frothy looking #12  
Easy now Cougsfan, slow your roll!!! I went to Branson website when I first got the tractor and I remember two Branson dealerships in the "area". One was southwest of Houston, in Fort Bend County, I think, and the other was east in Beaumont, Texas, now both are not on the Branson website anymore, check for yourself. The closest was approximately 100 miles away and I was told there the information in my previous post. It just seems suspicious that the dealerships "in my area" are not handling the Branson brand anymore and I'm not going to knock the brand but I am going to heed the writing on the wall...after my Branson is repaired and good to go it's for sale. I'm going to buy a brand new Kubota L3901 soon, there are at least five Kubota dealerships in my area and parts/service are easier to obtain. I don't know which brand the dealership will sell but I don't think it will be Kubota because across the street about a 1/4 mile down was a Kubota dealership. There are other brands here in the Houston area too many to mention but NOT Branson.
Then that means you will be going to the Kubota forum . We just had a brand new Branson dealer open in my area and they dumped LS to become a Branson dealer I looked at Kubota and chose the Branson .Both are good tractors just the Kubota has to much plastic , Don't like the shifter location , light weight compared to a Branson ,,, So everyone has a oppion and someone will always not like it .

/ 2002 Branson 3510 getting what appears to be oil in coolant...frothy looking #13  
I have no problem with you selling your Branson and buying a Kubota. It makes sense for you, if you want a new tractor, to buy a brand that has dealer(s) close by. No doubt a new Kubota will be nicer to own than a 16 year old Branson. But I will reiterate that the Branson is not a inherently mechanically unreliable brand that the former Branson dealer told you it was. Bransons are not appreciable more or less reliable than a Kubota. Both of them will have problems on occasion, but will be reliable for the most part. And to add to that, his claim that three Bransons are setting in his shop with blown head gaskets sounds mighty suspicious to me. So I am questioning the honesty and integrity of that particular dealer. Not you, or not Kubota.

You could also consider Yanmar, Mahindra, Kioti, LS, and MF too. They are all good brands, all are very reliable, and each has their strong points compared to the others. I personally would (and have in the past) walk away from any dealer that bad-mouth their competition. That tells me they are either ignorant, lack integrity, or dishonest.

Last edited:
   / 2002 Branson 3510 getting what appears to be oil in coolant...frothy looking #14  
Sorry for the late response, it seems Branson dealerships are "closing/stop selling" Branson brand around me so I had to take a road trip to drop off the tractor to get repaired. When I was at the dealer I asked where are the new tractors and I was told they too stopped selling Branson about two months ago but have to honor warranty and service for a while still. The mechanics came out of the shop to help unload and asked what was wrong, I said possible head gasket and they said they had three Branson head gasket jobs in the shop now. The man that wrote up the work order suggested that I "sell/get rid of" the tractor when or if fixed because "he would never own one based on his experiences with mechanical problems that he has seen in his 13 years at the dealership". I'm thankful for everyones response and help but now I'm considering buying a brand new Kubota L3901 once or if the Branson is repaired.

Hi.. I love my 3510i. I bought it new and actually drove it home about 3 miles away. I've been working it from day one. I started digging a pond on my property and then decided to really put it to work. It HAS been my "lil money maker" for the past almost 11 years now. I rely on it to make a living. I would buy another one, but don't need to. The only thing I've done to this is 1 starter and 4 sets of front tires. It's a tough hard working tractor.

With such low hours and still under warranty.. save your money and let the warranty work for you.

IMG_20180412_152850420[1].jpg

IMG_20180412_161414679[1].jpg

/ 2002 Branson 3510 getting what appears to be oil in coolant...frothy looking #15  
Only 1 video allowed per post.. so here's the followup to the first one..

/ 2002 Branson 3510 getting what appears to be oil in coolant...frothy looking #16  
Cougsfan I see right thru you and your BS fake news. I not gonna waste my time on this waste of time. But the man is right. If you have any sense at all everyone will see the writing on the wall. I am a fourth generation farmer and never seen or even heard of a explosion under the hood on of a tractor. 58 years and Branson changed that for me. I save your useless breath I have never abused any equipment. My families survival depends on our equipment. Have a nice life.

/ 2002 Branson 3510 getting what appears to be oil in coolant...frothy looking #17  
Replying to a three year old thread with a rant, what a way to start off. 🤬

/ 2002 Branson 3510 getting what appears to be oil in coolant...frothy looking #18  
Replying to a three year old thread with a rant, what a way to start off. 🤬

Correct. And the real issue is not head gaskets fault it is caused from overheating. This is operator error and does Not matter how long one has been operating equipment. Crazy.

/ 2002 Branson 3510 getting what appears to be oil in coolant...frothy looking #19  
I try not to offend anyone on this forum and feel like I should apologize to Not Happy, but I am not sure for what. For my Branson running reliably for years and not having explosions under my hood? For reporting fake news(????) I any case, I am sorry, Not Happy, for causing you to be not happy.

/ 2002 Branson 3510 getting what appears to be oil in coolant...frothy looking #20  
Well his style of writing doesn't match our old buddy "Tac", but first post, and it's in the Branson forum, and it's an attack post...

Is that you Tac?

You haven't been by here on a driveby in a while...

Cougs, I think "Not Happy" (Tac?) was already "not happy" when he got here.