20' x 20' storage shed recommendations

/ 20' x 20' storage shed recommendations #1  

GeneV

Elite Member
Tractor
Bradley 48" stander MF GC1710
Guys, who here had a large metal storage shed built or put it together yourself from a kit? I'm sure quite a few of youz, so here I am asking.

I'm needing like a 20' x 20' shed, with a big enough entryway to get my scut in there to drop off the backhoe, and stuff like that. Don't need it insulated, just tight enough to keep out rodents and the like.

I'm thinking something like this: The Belief Garage 20x20x8 - Big Buildings Direct

Drop me some names of reputable companies, thx!

/ 20' x 20' storage shed recommendations #2  
Do you have any Amish in the area? They have the shed business tied up here. You cannot build a shed for less than they charge, including delivery.

/ 20' x 20' storage shed recommendations #3  
It will be a challenge keeping varmints out of any garage, good luck with that. Consider light insulation on the roof at least. If you do not insulate condensate will drip from various locations. You should also factor in the price of a concrete floor. You could do the floor in as asphalt but it is soft and takes a couple years to really set up. A dirt floor would be impossible to seal against critters.

/ 20' x 20' storage shed recommendations #4  
It will be a challenge keeping varmints out of any garage, good luck with that. Consider light insulation on the roof at least. If you do not insulate condensate will drip from various locations. You should also factor in the price of a concrete floor. You could do the floor in as asphalt but it is soft and takes a couple years to really set up. A dirt floor would be impossible to seal against critters.
This is a thread I posted earlier this year. The company I worked with was great. You can go on their website and build your shed and it shows pricing. Really neat. Let me know if you want their contact info:

/ 20' x 20' storage shed recommendations #5  
Good friend of mines neighbor needed a less expensive alternative to a pole barn, mainly just to store his boat and travel trailer. He went with a Northedge Steel building, local to us outfit sells and builds them. His is a 30x40’ , 3 fellas had it done in less than two days. You might want to check them out. Here’s a couple pics when they first started, I’ll get a finished picture next time I’m over there.

Attachments

• 30BB8B92-970C-4D50-B5EE-B2EC26279146.jpeg
    30BB8B92-970C-4D50-B5EE-B2EC26279146.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 98
  • 9CF86CD5-FB95-4CC3-901B-0D57D9EF3FFD.jpeg
    9CF86CD5-FB95-4CC3-901B-0D57D9EF3FFD.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 96
   / 20' x 20' storage shed recommendations #6  
Do you have any Amish in the area? They have the shed business tied up here. You cannot build a shed for less than they charge, including delivery.
here they charge about 4-6 times the material cost for an "amish" shed.

/ 20' x 20' storage shed recommendations #7  
Consider light insulation on the roof at least. If you do not insulate condensate will drip from various locations
If you dont vent it properly then yes you need insulation.

/ 20' x 20' storage shed recommendations
Thx guys!

And Japody that's a real nice building, I saw your thread on it.

Yeh, I realize no outbuilding will be fully mouse proof, but it for sure will be better what I have now...my current shed/barn is on its last legs, with bigass gaps everywhere. Plus it's blocking our view, so it's gotta go. We're gonna put the new one in a better spot.

So far, I got one hard quote. 20x20x9 with double overhead doors, 2 windows, one side door, and an insulated roof. $8700, installed. Seems a decent price, no? Obviously foundation not included.

/ 20' x 20' storage shed recommendations #9  
Thx guys!

And Japody that's a real nice building, I saw your thread on it.

Yeh, I realize no outbuilding will be fully mouse proof, but it for sure will be better what I have now...my current shed/barn is on its last legs, with bigass gaps everywhere. Plus it's blocking our view, so it's gotta go. We're gonna put the new one in a better spot.

So far, I got one hard quote. 20x20x9 with double overhead doors, 2 windows, one side door, and an insulated roof. $8700, installed. Seems a decent price, no? Obviously foundation not included.
I just went this at the first of the year, i looked into DIY kits, steel pipe and tin DIY, red iron turn key, and carport style turn key as well as stick framed DIY. for the price i went with a turn key carport style building and i'm working on finishing out the inside.
diy kits are almost the same price as turn key (more if you count the cost of labor) and the guys i hired put up the 30X60X12 vertical roof building in 3 days.
the 30x60x12 with 3 10x10 roll up doors and a man door was about 19k the slab was about 12k, no insulation.
8700 sounds like a good price but wind/snow load make a big difference my building is rated for 130mph wind load but no snow.

BTW i like rollup doors much better than overhead.

Last edited:
   / 20' x 20' storage shed recommendations #10  
For a kit type..... try these guys. I know of a few posters that have them, and I'm watching a guy a couple miles away putting up a Versa tube high (14') garage for an RV. The kits can be ordered with many options.