$2 2x4 at Menards for those still waiting for price drops.

/ $2 2x4 at Menards for those still waiting for price drops. #1  

Midniteoyl

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti CK3510SE HST, Ford 3400, Gizmow ZTR, Simplicity 7016H
Got this in my email today. Apparently it's limited to 100 at a time and usually Menard's "rebate" is in the form of a merchedise check only spendable at Menards, but still..Bodes well for the future.

Screenshot 2023-02-04 at 11-01-54 2x4 ONLY $2.00! - midniteoyl@gmail.com - Gmail.png

/ $2 2x4 at Menards for those still waiting for price drops. #4  
84 and Carter are the same. Airplane wood and lots of it is green too. I remember stopping at Lowes for Marine wood posts and the pile they had were so green and wet, I left and those were also becoming props

Of you want real straight lumber, go to a local lumber yard and pay a bit more. They don't sell airplane wood.

/ $2 2x4 at Menards for those still waiting for price drops. #5  
Id have to build an airplane to fly to a lumber yard that isnt owned by a major retailer . Local mill doesnt sell to the public at all

/ $2 2x4 at Menards for those still waiting for price drops. #7  
Local hardware store a short time ago.

2x4-pr.jpeg

Bruce

/ $2 2x4 at Menards for those still waiting for price drops. #8  
This is the price at our Menards.

Attachments

• 53355FA8-915C-45E2-86AF-CC64DBEDEC98.png
    53355FA8-915C-45E2-86AF-CC64DBEDEC98.png
    398.3 KB · Views: 86
   / $2 2x4 at Menards for those still waiting for price drops. #9  
I bought a preowned home two years ago and when i initially looked at it there was a huge pile of used lumber at very back of property. I was pretty sure it was old penetrated stuff but didn't discuss it with realtor other than ask if seller was cleaning it up. Long story short,I made and offer that was turned down and realtor called me several days later to say buyer was ready to negotiate. Realtor and I have been acquainted a few years and she knew I had trailers and such so she mentioned the old lumber pile saying most buyers wanted it gone but buyer made excuses for not taking care of it. A little light came on so while waiting for the contract I called the landfill to ask about disposing of green treated lumber. "OH no you don't" they said and gave me # for state agency with a list of approved hazardous waste disposal companies that could handle contaminated wood. I got estimates and when contract arrived the property condition report didn't mention the wood nor hazardous material. I talked to realtor about the consequences of sellers and real-estate brokers concealing information and of course she agreed that damages sometimes exceed price of property when all the dust settles. I attached an addendum with one price while reserving right to recourse on condition report and a second,lesser price accepting property as is and waiving right to recourse on condition report. A new condition report was made recconizing possable problems with material stored on property. I now have treated lumber worth more than new lumber that is available. I've pulled out and used some and even though exposed to weather and piled willy nilly,90% are straight as an arrow.
Now a question for the brain trust. What % of material would be fair payment to someone for pulling out,moving 50 yards on property and neatly stacking if I find someone who recognizes value of it? And of course I'd appreciate opinions on whether it's an asset or a liability.

/ $2 2x4 at Menards for those still waiting for price drops. #10  
I went to Home Depot early last year to buy some treated 4x4x8's to use for fence posts to build 200' of fence. They were $14.48 each so I only built the 50' of fence I had to have at that time. I went back there today and they are $8.57 each. Finally, lower prices on something again.