1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons
Look for a 2-13 tractor with low hours, that is what I did
What is considered low hour in the tractor market? Less than 1k?

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #182  
What is considered low hour in the tractor market? Less than 1k?
I would say that for commercial machines and large ag tractors low hours would be under 1k.
For homeowner tractors I'd say something about half that. For me, "low hours" is very special and it would be less than 500.

Once a compact tractor gets over 500 to 600 hours, I switch from hours to condition as being most important. A clean tractor with everything working and maintenance records impresses me more than hours when we get above 500. A thousand hours on a well-maintained tractor doesn't scare me. I would have a friend look at it with me, or take it to a shop and expect tires all around at a minimum.

I consider anything over 1200 hours as "used"... possibly unknown. I expect to see worn power train components at at 3/4000 hours for compacts & 6/8000 for commercial. That doesn't mean they are about to break, but expect major components to show definite wear & budget accordingly. And the value goes WAY down.

Estimates here on TBN is that small acreage owners with a compact used for their own property doing landscaping and chores would put maybe 100 to 150 hours a year on it. That always seemed low to me, but that's what the concensus is. YMMV. Anyone who wants please weigh in on that.

rScotty

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #183  
Our YT235C Yanmar TLB has the regen system
Between 50 to 60 hours before regen 34 HP

willy

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #184  
500 hours? That's not common on a Kioti. Most people are 20-50 hours between
Mine ck4010) is at about 20 hours, but the button isn’t involved. The light comes on, it starts regen, and you keep on working. Just up the engine speed to 2400 rpm or so.

Typically the cycle pauses after a few minutes, presumably to limit max temperature in the DPF, then resumes and finishes.

It really doesn’t interfere with work, unless I’m nearly finished. In that case, set the parking brake and let it finish on its own.

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #185  
Anyway, correct me if you want but it’s very off topic from the original 35 HP thread.

On a flip side, got another quote back for the Yanmar YT235 for $26,800 (without a rebate) but their financing is rough. Usually you have to put 20-40% down to get 0% interest.

Kioti has 0% for 60/72 months so that’s something to consider too. The CK3520SEs are nice!!
When I was at my local Massey dealer who also sells yanmars,he said yanmars awful financing makes people not want them.

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #186  
I’m in the market for a 35 HP tractor and I’ve done a lot of research as a first time buyer.

The tractor will mostly being used for dirt work around the house (2 flat acres) and lifting items with the FEL. I also have 100 acres of hunting property to brush hog roads/shooting lanes, and plant about 5 acres of food plots.

Dealers seem to be a hot topic when it comes to tractors so I’ve narrowed it down to these, their time selling the tractors and distance from me.

YT235 - 2 dealers (1 has been selling Yanmar for 8 years and is 25 miles away, they only sale yanmar products). Other one is 40 miles away, didn’t get details on selling time

Kioti ck3520SE - 27 miles away, only been selling Kioti for 8 months.

Kubota L3302 (or L3902) - 2 dealerships within 20 miles. Been selling as long as I can remember.

Anyone have any experiences with these tractors, part availability, etc? I’d be doing as much repair work myself as possible.
At 35hp you’re dealing with tier 4 emissions. If using for finish mowing 25 hp will be less hassle in the long run. However if doing heavy work 35 is minimum HP. Kioti is just as reliable as the others with better price point. Kubota is king but not much bells and whistles unless you willing to purchase SE version. Yanmar tractor is good but few dealerships. Gold standard is the yanmar motor. Not sure on rest of the tractor others will need to share thoughts that own one. The tier 4 emissions are the weak spot on all manufacturers granted things improved from 2017 but you need to run the diesel motor higher revs and under load to address soot control. If you get turbo make sure you observe oil requirements in cold regions or you will hand grenade the turbo they need thin oil in the winter. Just buying a tractor is not as easy as was in the 90’s. Question everything when shopping if you don’t you’ll own the problems down the road.

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #187  
For financing I went with LLC very quick with the
loan don't remember the interest rate I have the
loan for 6 years and paid it off in 18 months save
quite a bit of cash

willy

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #188  
I have over 50 and yet to see the light but I am not doubting you. This came from a salesman. Only 1 small step up from a politician.
My Kubota MX did its first regeneration at right around 75 hours.

/ 1st time buyer - 35 hp comparisons #189  
I have a 45 h.p. Yanmar engine in my New Holland 3045 Boomer. The 54-man lifeboats on the offshore rigs where I worked, also had Yanmar engines. Yanmar is excellent. Japanese Kubota ..... I do not care for how the controls are set up but these are very popular, seemingly well built machines. Korean Kioti ..... don't know how much truth there is to this, it is said these are copies of Kubota using poor metallurgy in castings to save costs to sell at competitive pricing. Kioti may be on the same level of quality as Bellarus ? And for discussion sake ..... India Mahindra are legal copies of the older Massey Ferguson models. Early Mahindra had metallurgical problems that may [or may not] have been solved.