1992 Toro 30935 Leaf Blower carburetor question

/ 1992 Toro 30935 Leaf Blower carburetor question
Kilroy,
Possibly dumb question but have you thoroughly cleaned all the outside surfaces of that carb and then looked everywhere for more numbers and letters? I don’t remember if Walbro or some other brand but they would put markings in multiple locations just cause they could. I think some where pin stamp so could also be faint impressions.
Yes. I even used a pencil to highlight any raised lettering or imprints. it has the Walbro logo, the “WY” the patent number, “JAPAN” , and “32-A2”, but there is no WY 32-A2 carburetor listed on any website I have seen. The nearest I can come up with is a “32-1”

IMG_2550.jpeg
IMG_2548.jpeg
IMG_2549.jpeg

As you can see, the 32-A2 is nowhere near the WY.

thanks for any dorection you can provide!

I believe Walbro has an online presence so you can contact them. Most all of them are identical inside far as replacement parts but I'd still look at the piston and rings through the exhaust port first.
Piston looks good:
IMG_2551.jpeg
cylinder doesn’t look especially heinous for its age:

IMG_2554.jpeg

I forgot to snap photo of rings but they seemed intact.

/ 1992 Toro 30935 Leaf Blower carburetor question #13  
In the realm of cheap & easy, try soaking the carb in carb cleaner for a few days

/ 1992 Toro 30935 Leaf Blower carburetor question #14  
Have you looked on Amazon? A bunch of rebuild kits came up for Walbro carbs, none for the numbers you have but I bet one of them is correct.

/ 1992 Toro 30935 Leaf Blower carburetor question #15  
The K10-WY would be the correct repair kit for that carb. And just for reference the Toro Blower uses a Fuji-Robin engine which the WY-32 was used on.

/ 1992 Toro 30935 Leaf Blower carburetor question #16  
Yes. I even used a pencil to highlight any raised lettering or imprints. it has the Walbro logo, the “WY” the patent number, “JAPAN” , and “32-A2”, but there is no WY 32-A2 carburetor listed on any website I have seen. The nearest I can come up with is a “32-1”

View attachment 813891View attachment 813892View attachment 813893
As you can see, the 32-A2 is nowhere near the WY.

thanks for any dorection you can provide!
I have no other thoughts or suggestions. Maybe try contacting Walbro they might have list showing kit for 32-*** fits the A2.

The K10-WY would be the correct repair kit for that carb. And just for reference the Toro Blower uses a Fuji-Robin engine which the WY-32 was used on.
THANK YOU!!!!

An $11 kit sure beats a $350+ replacement😁👍

Have you looked on Amazon? A bunch of rebuild kits came up for Walbro carbs, none for the numbers you have but I bet one of them is correct.
Ahhh, but which one?

And the kits (I got two) are ordered.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!!!

/ 1992 Toro 30935 Leaf Blower carburetor question #20  
Ahhh, but which one?
I was hoping you knew! It looks like you had someone step up and tell you which one.

As a rule I rebuild carbs mainly because I’m cheap. I bought a new one for a Lawnboy 2 stroke and it didn’t go well, it over reved. I ended up remembering someone in the comments section of Amazon where I ordered the carb said he had to switch a jet from the old carb to the new one to make it work. That worked for me too. Most of those carbs are simple so a rebuild should fix it if the carb was the problem.

Last edited: