1983 Ford 3910 tractor wiring diagram

/ 1983 Ford 3910 tractor wiring diagram #1  

trhtkf

Tractor
FORD 3910
Hey! A few years ago my grandfather passed away. My grandfather was a farmer, but his children turned to other professions. I, his grandson, planted olives and I am trying to rebuild the farm. As part of that, I'm trying to restore the tractor he used to work with when he was alive. The tractor is a Ford model 3910 year 1983. Chassis number: 436574.

I was able to get it running, painted it, overhauled its fuel pump, changed oils and filters and it works. (There is a leak in the rear oil return, but I don't have the tools and knowledge to fix it yet).
My problem is that there are no lights! And that's what I want to fix. What are the chances that anyone here has the wiring diagram for this tractor? Over the years, the fuses and wires in there have been messed with and there is a big mess. I just want a front and back light. I would appreciate your assistance! I thought about buying the technical book, but I couldn't find a suitable model, and I didn't want to throw away $100 on something that might not fit. Besides, I need a photocopy of a few pages in total...

/ 1983 Ford 3910 tractor wiring diagram #2  
Hey! A few years ago my grandfather passed away. My grandfather was a farmer, but his children turned to other professions. I, his grandson, planted olives and I am trying to rebuild the farm. As part of that, I'm trying to restore the tractor he used to work with when he was alive. The tractor is a Ford model 3910 year 1983. Chassis number: 436574.

I was able to get it running, painted it, overhauled its fuel pump, changed oils and filters and it works. (There is a leak in the rear oil return, but I don't have the tools and knowledge to fix it yet).
My problem is that there are no lights! And that's what I want to fix. What are the chances that anyone here has the wiring diagram for this tractor? Over the years, the fuses and wires in there have been messed with and there is a big mess. I just want a front and back light. I would appreciate your assistance! I thought about buying the technical book, but I couldn't find a suitable model, and I didn't want to throw away $100 on something that might not fit. Besides, I need a photocopy of a few pages in total...
I would suggest you go to ebay and see if you can find a FACTORY service manual for the Ford 3910. Don't get the IT manuals. Get the Ford manuals.

/ 1983 Ford 3910 tractor wiring diagram
Ok, I'll try to search. Anyway, I'm trying to find another part, but don't know what it's called. Located near the fuse box. A rectangle like this, but everything written on it is erased. Attach a picture..

1671190727480.png

/ 1983 Ford 3910 tractor wiring diagram #4  
Looks like a voltage regulator. I also see an open-ended wire in your picture.

I have wiring diagrams but it's too numerous and large to copy/post. It's multiple segments depending on tractor accessories and model. There's no single diagram for "a 3910".

/ 1983 Ford 3910 tractor wiring diagram #5  
Just looked again. Is your tractor gas or diesel? If gas, that could be the ignition module. The voltage regulator has a different connector with only four wires.

My tractor is diesel powered

/ 1983 Ford 3910 tractor wiring diagram #7  
Ok, I'll try to search. Anyway, I'm trying to find another part, but don't know what it's called. Located near the fuse box. A rectangle like this, but everything written on it is erased. Attach a picture..

View attachment 774818
The item pictured is not a regulator, it's a flasher unit. As for a wiring diagram, even if you manage to find the one that actually matches your tractor, I seriously doubt it will help you much. I say that based partly on the fuses that are also pictured. I'm guessing yours is a European version, which I guess MAY have used that type. Having never seen that style on any Ford tractors, I'd guess it won't match any diagrams.

The lighting circuit is no more complicated than you make it. One fuse, one switch, a few wires, and the lights. That's all the tractors prior to the 3910 had for lights, and that's all you need. The light switch can be accessed by removing the knob and the nut, pull to switch down below the tinware and determine if you have power to it, and power out of both load terminals. Trace wires back from each light and repair as needed to connect to the switch.

/ 1983 Ford 3910 tractor wiring diagram #8  
FLASHER ASSEMBLY - FLASHER ASSEMBLY D8NN13N360AC $55.983-7 business days1 Assy, 6 Terminals, W/Cab, Hella #TBB38; (Prod Date) After 01-Jan-1981

Replaced By 81867838

for picture of part

The item pictured is not a regulator, it's a flasher unit. As for a wiring diagram, even if you manage to find the one that actually matches your tractor, I seriously doubt it will help you much. I say that based partly on the fuses that are also pictured. I'm guessing yours is a European version, which I guess MAY have used that type. Having never seen that style on any Ford tractors, I'd guess it won't match any diagrams.

The lighting circuit is no more complicated than you make it. One fuse, one switch, a few wires, and the lights. That's all the tractors prior to the 3910 had for lights, and that's all you need. The light switch can be accessed by removing the knob and the nut, pull to switch down below the tinware and determine if you have power to it, and power out of both load terminals. Trace wires back from each light and repair as needed to connect to the switch.
FLASHER ASSEMBLY - FLASHER ASSEMBLY D8NN13N360AC $55.983-7 business days1 Assy, 6 Terminals, W/Cab, Hella #TBB38; (Prod Date) After 01-Jan-1981

Replaced By 81867838

for picture of part
Thanks! What is the function of this flash unit?

/ 1983 Ford 3910 tractor wiring diagram #10  
For Hazard/road flasher lights and turn indicators