1835M Power Steering Concerns

/ 1835M Power Steering Concerns #1  

Zakatak

Tractor
Kubota M9540, Massey Ferguson 1835MHC
I have an 1835MHC that I bought this past spring. It is used 80% of the time for mowing. I generally leave the loader off for easier trimming next to objects and only attach it when I need it. I have noticed that with the loader installed that my power steering loses quite a bit of power. Even with an empty bucket and in neutral I can't turn the wheel more than 1/4 turn either way before it bottoms out. I have to be moving forward or reverse to get the wheel turned all the way. I can understand with a full bucket of clay or something heavy I may notice it but not when its empty. Also, I noticed my belt squealing a couple of times with the loader attached. Seems unrelated but wanted to throw it out there. I removed the loader this past weekend and was able to mow 5 acres normally. No belt noise and normal power steering (lock to lock at idle).

I do have turf tires which likely have a slightly larger contact patch but that should be a minimal difference on friction. About 45hrs so far on the tractor and getting ready for the first oil change.

Any ideas? I hate having to be in motion to turn my wheel with the bucket on. Really makes for a difficult time in tight quarters.

/ 1835M Power Steering Concerns #2  
What you are experiencing is pretty normal for MF compacts. The moment the tractor starts moving an inch it will steer from stop to stop just fine. Unless the operator is working inside a small pen or something it really create any issues - especially on an HST tractor since the ground speed selection is essentially infinite.