17.5X24 R4 tire off rim

/ 17.5X24 R4 tire off rim #1  

johnday2

Tractor
NH TC35DA
As thread title says. I got stupid and let my rear tires get too low on air, and spun one off the rim. I've got an idea on how to remount it with a 4" transport strap.
Is that the best way other than remove it and take to a shop?
Where is the best for floor jack placement on a TC35DA?
20230415_144213tire.jpg

/ 17.5X24 R4 tire off rim #2  
I did the same thing with one of my front tires. Used a ratchet strap around the center of the tread line to squeeze the beads out and used lots of air to reseat the beads. I would hate to have to do that on one of the rears. You could always try the starter fluid & match method. Be sure to take a video and post it here if you do.

/ 17.5X24 R4 tire off rim
LOL, no on that starter fluid thing!:eek: I didn't see it happen, but I saw the aftermath on a skidder tire. It does work though!
Yepper, it's gonna take a lot of air on that size tire.

/ 17.5X24 R4 tire off rim
For anyone following this saga. I stuck a 4" strap I used to use for transport on the tire, and was all set to put the air to it, when I discovered why I lost air in the tire, Evidently, a stick or something hit the fill valve and busted it. Since I live in BFE, the parts store is a good 30 miles away, and of course they were out of the valve I needed. So, another day, another trip!:rolleyes:

/ 17.5X24 R4 tire off rim #5  
Jack the tractor up a bit, get a bead blaster and an engine powered air compressor (rental), after you replace the valve stem 10 minuets and you'll be good to go.

/ 17.5X24 R4 tire off rim #6  
Ether works... But it's one of those things where less is better than more to begin with...

/ 17.5X24 R4 tire off rim #8  
Sometimes it takes more than one strap...and silicone or soapy water doesnt hurt.
1681841982809.png

1681842006074.png

1681842026420.png

/ 17.5X24 R4 tire off rim #9  
Put a tube in it. The problem with ether on that size tire is that it probably will stay mounted for a few seconds and when the hot blast cools down, it will suck itself off the rim again. But that depends on whether the rim has a safety flange at the bead. A tube never fails to rim the tire.

/ 17.5X24 R4 tire off rim #10  
Put some liquid soap around bead area. Makes it work better. Do not use hand cleaner.