1526/1533/2538 HST Price check

/ 1526/1533/2538 HST Price check
OK - So that setup is an EA 60" single lid Wicked Grapple $1,799 - Single Lid Root Grapple

I also purchased the matched 3rd function valve from EA. It is a WR long unit, but EA matches hoses and fittings to the grapple you purchase from them $787 after a $50 rebate - 3rd function auxilliary hydraulic kits for all brands of tractors and loaders! purchase online, free shipping within 1,000 miles!!

I had the guys at J5 Tractors here in Conroe do the 3rd function install as I was lazy after the new year and thought they would know electrical the best. +/-$200 (Only thing even remotely complicated would be a power source for the switch.) This 3rd function kits included all fittings and hoses.

Here is a pic of the 3rd function valve and it bolts right onto side of loader control and then uses power beyond to route new power circuit to the front. Switch is easy to use with index or middle finger while utilizing other loader functions. The only other things you might need if DIY are some back zip ties and maybe caps for your hydraulic hoses on the front when you have the grapple off and are using a bucket. I put $5 male and female strapped caps on the tractor side of the front connections, and then just connect the grapple hose ends together to keep them clean when it is not in use.

All in was about $2,800 for everything including installation. EA includes shipping in their prices if your are <1,000 miles from HQ in North Carolina. The comparable Mahindra 60" single lid setup was $3,000 installed. Would have been similar, but I liked the EA grapple much better and it weighs less than the Mahindra grapple which is helpful to maximize your lift capacity. Certainly some other good grapple options out there and I'd encourage you to do a quick search on the many grapple threads out there. I like this one because it is very strong, lightweight, and matches the max width of the tractor which helps me gauge where I can go in the woods as it gets tight in some places. Good luck!

View attachment 459151

Snowback, your set up is sweet and is something I wish I could do. After much debate I'm going with Mahindra's third function valve (confirmed its the true third function kit, not a diverter valve) and single lid grapple. The dealer was able to include the tractor and all the implements at zero percent out to 84 months if I want it.

/ 1526/1533/2538 HST Price check #12  
Snowback, your set up is sweet and is something I wish I could do. After much debate I'm going with Mahindra's third function valve (confirmed its the true third function kit, not a diverter valve) and single lid grapple. The dealer was able to include the tractor and all the implements at zero percent out to 84 months if I want it.

Are you sure about that? The only one I saw for the 2538 had the valve mounted up on the loader cross arm, and the only thing it could possibly be up there is a diverter.

/ 1526/1533/2538 HST Price check
Image1462242760.836083.jpgImage1462242784.734666.jpg True third function right from Mahindra.

/ 1526/1533/2538 HST Price check #14  
Nice setup Jgiannini! Roughshod - I think that there controller is the WR Long 3rd function. J5 Tractors here in Conroe was going to use it as well in tandem with the Mahindra grapple if I'd gone that route. Rather - I just sourced them both from EA. Looks like Jgiannini's dealer also used a WR Long unit... your concern about making sure folks are not sold a diverter is appreciated by guys like me though - so thanks for that. Take care all!

/ 1526/1533/2538 HST Price check #15  
Agreed Snowback, that is a WR Long 3rd function for sure. Unless of course Mahindra just started buying WR Long 3rd function kits and reselling them, but I tend to doubt that. More likely is that the dealer implied it was a Mahindra branded 3rd function, and instead installed the WR Long. It's a pretty common practice. As evidence I would point to the 2538 online parts catalog, which has only one 3rd function kit for the 2538. http://parts.mahindrausa.com/dealerview/illustrationview.aspx

Look up this in the above link, sorry I can't directly attach it.
FIGURE SEARCH
=> Attachments => Loader => TYM-2538 LOADER (2538L, 2538CL) => 3RD FUNCTION KIT(TYM-2538L/CL FIG 10)

They only offer one 3rd function kit, it is from TYM, the same folks who made the tractor and loader, and the valve mounts on the loader cross arm. Out on the arm like that the only hydraulic pressure source and return is downstream of the FEL control valve work ports, and that makes the only OEM kit a diverter, not a true 3rd function.

But hey, you got a quality 3rd function kit from a very reputable source, so don't worry about it. Just don't think it is Mahindra branded, because it most certainly isn't. Believe me, I tried to buy one too and it didn't exist circa two months ago when I bought mine, and that is what led me to do the parts research. I called Mahindra corporate office and asked them about it, and they confirmed that the only kit was the TYM made unit referenced above. So go out and enjoy it, I know I love mine to death. In a little under two months I've already put about 60 hours on it, most of it pulling up trees using that same 3rd function kit we are discussing here. Love it, and I know you'll love yours!

/ 1526/1533/2538 HST Price check #16  
IMG_3788.JPGIMG_3789.JPG

I just purchased my 2538 with loader and backhoe yesterday. I wanted to attached some pics of what I paid to help out the next guy. I took the full rate financing option and hope to reduce the $5200 in total interest over the life of the loan quite a bit by paying it off quicker. MSRP on this set up was $33,830.

/ 1526/1533/2538 HST Price check #17  
On my Mahindra 2538, which line is the power beyond? There are 2 lines on the top of my FEL valve.
Thanks guys

/ 1526/1533/2538 HST Price check #18  
Also in TX... 2017 2538 TLB with a 6' shredder, pallet forks and a 2017 Load Lift 20' 10,000 lb trailer with slide-out ramps & removable rails. $33,180.00 OTD. Should be here in 2 - 3 weeks. I thought it was a fair deal. The trailer alone was just under $4,100.

/ 1526/1533/2538 HST Price check #19  
^^^ That sounds pretty fair to me. Do you by chance have a break down of the pricing? I am wondering where the 2538 TLB came in price wise?

/ 1526/1533/2538 HST Price check #20  
^^^ That sounds pretty fair to me. Do you by chance have a break down of the pricing? I am wondering where the 2538 TLB came in price wise?

I got my numbers mixed up. The TLB was $32.4k and the trailer, shredder and pallet forks was $6.2k. That came to $38.6k and then we got $100 Veterans discount and $2k rebate ($1000 instant, $1000 mail-in after purchase). The final price was $36.5k. Thus the TLB setup was just about $30k. When I looked at the paperwork, I thought I was looking at the deal before my wife put money down, but it was after. Still a good deal in my book. BTW, my wife is the price negotiator. She is an accountant and squeezes people very hard for discounts. Good woman to have on your side when you make big purchases.

A photo of me with a new 2538 . . . This isn't the one I'm getting but the one we based our choice from. They don't have a backhoe in stock and because it takes just as long to get the backhoe, they ordered the TLB complete. Convenient that the Mahindra US HQ is only 3 hours away from us.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Eric_2538.jpg
    Eric_2538.jpg
    853.4 KB · Views: 1,239