12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #1  

Rightsaidfred

Tractor
McCormick CX100 XtraShift
Hi Guys, I'm in Canada, and looking for a 12mm pipe plug/drain plug socket for the 4 drain plugs on the T25 front axle.

Im not a fan of using open ended crescent wrenches on hard to remove plugs, inevitably they get gauled up

Looking everywhere I cant find a 12mm. I find 10mm and lots of SAE, but no 12mm
Anyone have a source for one ?

Cheers

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #2  
Would using an adjustable wrench, tightened up as tight as possible, work for you ? Not much chance of that slipping off while using it .

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #3  
That axle should be low to no pressure behind the plug. Once you get it out replacing it with a normal 6 sided "plug" of the correct thread should be pretty simple.
Then you could just weld a normal nut to your factory plug.

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #4  
Will a 1/2" open ended wrench fit? 12mm is really close. If there's too much slop I agree with BleedingOrange, just use the biggest open ended adjustable you can find.

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #5  
He said it's F E M A L E !

Grind down a 1/2" extension and get it done.

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #6  
...well I just happy that I'm not the only one with difficulties speed reading. 😆

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #7  
8 pt socket?

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs
Exactly what I need. Aliexpress here I come.

The plug is male and I need a female socket.

A 12mm open wrench fits snug, but Im not a fan of using them on very hard to remove items, even less of a fan of adjustable. (even metric adjustable ones LOL)

Cheers for all the suggestions guys

thank you

/ 12mm Female Square Drain Plug/ Pipe Plug Socket ?? TYM Front axle drain & Vent pugs #10  
Ah sorry, I completely missed the female part, hidden in the title. Ya, I might be tempted to grind down an old 1/2 short extension, so it just fits very snug into the female head.