Mowing 1026R Drive Over Mower Deck Attaching Problems

/ 1026R Drive Over Mower Deck Attaching Problems #1  

felixedo

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D / Deere 1026R / Bobcat CT2040
I have a 1026R that was new to me last year. I was able to attach and disconnect the deck then with no problem. Now I cannot get the arms to drop down to connect to the bar that hangs the mower. It is hydraulic lift. I have connected the appropriate hose to the hydraulic line. The arms behave as though they are locked. They don't even act like they are trying to move when I bump the joy stick. One other thing that I cannot figure out is that even though I have one hydraulic line connected to the mower lift, I still seem to have all of the loader functions. Not real sure where to look.

/ 1026R Drive Over Mower Deck Attaching Problems #2  
Did you disconnect both hydraulic lines for the loader bucket?
Do you have the mower depth knob set to the lowest setting? Install if it has that setting.
The mower arms lower by gravity. If the arms have been locked up for a long time, you may need to assist then lowering.

/ 1026R Drive Over Mower Deck Attaching Problems #3  
I have a 1026R that was new to me last year. I was able to attach and disconnect the deck then with no problem. Now I cannot get the arms to drop down to connect to the bar that hangs the mower. It is hydraulic lift. I have connected the appropriate hose to the hydraulic line. The arms behave as though they are locked. They don't even act like they are trying to move when I bump the joy stick. One other thing that I cannot figure out is that even though I have one hydraulic line connected to the mower lift, I still seem to have all of the loader functions. Not real sure where to look.

You said “Joy Stick”. On most unit where the joy stick control both the loader and lifts and lowers the mm mower a valve must be opened and closed to switch between the loader and the mower. Most such valves are the push type and are located on the right rear fender.

/ 1026R Drive Over Mower Deck Attaching Problems #4  
I agree with Chevy. On my 1026R and now my 2025r, I used my foot to "assist" in lowering the mower lift arms all of the way. Sometimes they go by themselves but often they seem about an inch or so short of being all the way down. Its a little awkward but once I started doing this my frustration with "auto-connect" went away completely. I am a big fan of this mower connection system. It is literally a minute or less procedure.

/ 1026R Drive Over Mower Deck Attaching Problems
I will revisit if the arms are just stuck in the up position. Yes, the depth knob is set to "install" and I verified underneath that the adjustment mechanism is not holding up the arms. I'm not sure what you mean, Chevy, when you ask about "both" hydraulic line for the loader bucket. There is only 1 line that switches from the loader control to the mower control.