1025R Price Check + implements

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #21  
Seems like a LOT of money to maintain such a small parcel. I'm an advocate of renting the tools you need for the time you need them. The cost of that backhoe, which has limited application, would buy a lot of time with a reasonablly sized excavator. The tracked machine would likely do the work a lot fastar as well.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #22  
Just for everyone’s info Yanmar only supplies the engines now. John Deere redesigned and builds those tractors now.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #23  
I'd skip that and look at a Mahindra 1626 or Kioti ck2610. Then you'll get a real tractor for less money and with the money you save, you can buy a nice zero turn mower.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #24  
Something to consider sometimes a small "tractor" has better weight and stability than laWn mower. At our place the 26xl does much better than the riding mower

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #25  
Something to consider sometimes a small "tractor" has better weight and stability than laWn mower. At our place the 26xl does much better than the riding mower
My CK2510 with the 5' FM with FEL removed is nice and stable and mows great. I got the ZTM because the 2,300 lb tractor was too much compaction IMO and it's hard to maneuver around trees and gardens with a FM following. The ZTM is tricky on slopes.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements
The only brands around me are JD & Kubota. I got a Kubota quote on a BX23S. Kubota seems to be roughly 15% cheaper than JD. For instance, $35k worth of equipment at JD is no more than $30k at the local Kubota dealer. I might forgo the grapple/3rd fxn, PHD and ballast box. That'd bring it to a $27k Kubota.

Last edited:
   / 1025R Price Check + implements #27  
Kubota also has a 20% equine discount on certain Kubotas and Kubota branded attachments if you are or become a member of the NCHA. Equine Offer Landing Page

The dealer may or may not have heard of this discount. Two of three Kubota dealers I asked hadn't heard of it. The third one immediately knew what it was and how it worked. You might have to educate your salesman on the discount and the salesman may have to talk with his GM about it because it seems like it's not common knowledge.

If you are going to use Kubota financing, the discount may not be the best option for you.

/ 1025R Price Check + implements #28  
That seems like a lot of money to put into such a small tractor. I would opt for a bigger tractor and acquire some of the implements that you want over time. My lx3310 has a mmm, and yes it did cost as much as a zero turn, but my wife does the mowing and wanted a cab like our bigger tractor had to mow with ac. If it wasn’t for the cab there is no way I would have wasted that money on a mmm.