Buying Advice 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please.

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please. #21  
- I drove them all and I love this one and just gotta have it! (Note: this item can have a score from 1 to infinity)
There's nothing quite like that feeling and you know it when it when you feel it. That's how I have bought all of my guitars and amps.

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please. #22  
The lack of ground clearance and machine weight is what crossed the subcompacts off my list. So the 1025R would be a no-go for me.

So that takes you to the 2-series and if you get a 2032R or 2038R it's basically a 3-series frame size but with the 3E loader, front axle, and 3-point specs which are very light duty. So to me that crossed the 2-series off the list also.

So then you go to the 3-series, but the D and E models, again, have almost zero features and very weak specs/capabilities. So you almost have to go R. And a 3033R or 3039R are very pricey machines.

I just went through all of this myself a few weeks ago and I've been to two JD dealers and I brought home all the brochures. It's almost like JD has purposefully designed their lineup so that if you start shopping at the bottom you'll end up at the top before you're done.

You're exactly right :yes: The most frustrating and disappointing thing was when I found out the D series had no LIVE PTO :mur:

/ 1025R, 2032R, maybe a 3039R. Input please. #23  
Agreed, Deere plays the "extract value for capability" game well here.
Very well said.

3033R, 3039R and 3046R are all a big step up over 2032R/2038R in a common 320R loader capability and weight for 3 point dirt work and quite enough for "real farming". But Hayseed Andy needs to decide if the cab options on these is worth the extra green literally and figuratively! Where'd he go BTW?
The real selling point of the 3 series tractors is their size but if you actually compare the overall value for what you get I think there are a lot better deals to be had elsewhere. :2cents: