1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand?

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #111  
I would guess that Kubota is the most popular compact tractor these days. Thinking that it and John Deere are 1 and 2? So, I have a Mahindra but I might sell it in order to get exactly what I need in a tractor. Primary needs are pasture clipping 7 acres and use in a 50-acre woodlot for managing trees and trails. Was thinking that JD or Kubota would provide...

- parts availability
- dependable
- design
- performance
- ease of maintenance
- resale ability down the way
- plenty of dealers

If you could find exactly what you want in a tractor, what brand would you buy? Being as dependable as possible, easiest to maintain, parts availability and ability to resell down the way are very important in this discussion. Easiest to maintain probably No.1 because I am age 70 and do maintenance and repairs that I can but I am not the type that relishes tinkering, lol, plus, I work alone mostly. Buying used would be great if one is found but not averse to buying new if have to. Should be my last tractor.

Doesn't have to be JD or Kubota but that's my thinking.

TIA!
I have 38 acres of woods with a walking trail I cut with a L3301. I also mow about 5 acres with a zero turn.
I did upgrade to a MX5400 primarily for the ability to move bigger pieces of cut trees as well as grade a 1000 ft driveway faster.
The only negative with the MX5400 is the ability to maneuver within trees. I didn't get the cab because of the trees.

Before I bought my first tractor in my life at 53 yo I scoured the forum of different brands as well as watch videos. Then seat time. That's important.
Which tractor and brand feels the most comfortable? Will you be satisfied with the treadle pedal on the Kubota? Also parts availability. It won't do you any good to have a close dealer if they have issues getting parts.

I would not go on the lowest price. IMO, buy once, cry once.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #112  
The first 10000 hours this thing had a loader on it and we handled tons of bales in rough terrain. The last 7000 hours have been pulling a feed mixer that the recomended minimum hp requirement is 5 more then what this tractor has. No babying here. We actually have a 7800 JD with just over 18000 hours, but we just did the engine in that and it had easy hours compared to the 7320.
For the homeowner with some acreage I'm wondering what the average hours a tractor will see? I would think 2,000 hrs would be the lifetime of many tractors.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #113  
My first tractor was a Kubota 2620. Tractor was ok, dealer was terrible. Second tractor was a JD 2038R. Great tractor and great dealer. After six years I decided I wanted a cab tractor. I was ready to buy a 3039R JD when I friend told me to check out Kioti. I ended up buying a Kioti CK4020SE. It has a much more spacious cab, more lift capacity, a wider stance and more features for $10K less than the JD. I've only had it six months but I'm very happy with the tractor so far.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #114  

Looks you are in Louisiana and this tractor is also. This is what you need!

Why do you continue to force Yanmar tractors on people? Let the OP decide.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #115  
Kubota is the Toyota of tractors.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #116  
I don't understand? I bought a 1998 John deere 790 new, I am on my second set of tires and seat springs, that's it. Bought a second used same year twenty years ago same deal, new tires and seat spring which to be honest is a plastic rubber spring like thing I will eventually replace with a real spring buy that is it. I have never seen my JD dealer since. Never had a reason to. Two solid simple diesel yanmar tractors that I just forgot have a new ten year old battery never fail to start, operate and have any issues. Tires, batteries and filters are universal, the seat spring thing maybe a JD item but any competent person could find a work around. Tractors should not be like cars. The stealership is not your friend and should not be a necessity. Buy smarter, buy better, pay once, cry once. There is a reason you lease a BMW or Mercedes, they are designed to fail, you buy Toyota or Honda to keep and pass on. Tractors are the same. Visit several dealers, go to the independent review sites. They are tractors, big tools and as such look at their build and weak points. Small axle housing on kiotis, gimmicky electronics that are proprietary, weird filters, unique engines without history of years or models. Think about the brands that came and went, why? Avoid them. The EV crap they are pushing are disposable because the unique battery will cost more to replace than new in a few years. At 70 he should know this. Find the right dealer ? That is the least important thing of all. If you have a warranty issue with a tractor DUMP THAT POS ASAP, because it was the manufacturer, engineer, supplier, designer that are the problem. The dealer is just a middleman with maybe a few manual readers and parts bomb replacers. Want a happy life, never buy crappy made things.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #117  
I don't understand? I bought a 1998 John deere 790 new, I am on my second set of tires and seat springs, that's it. Bought a second used same year twenty years ago same deal, new tires and seat spring which to be honest is a plastic rubber spring like thing I will eventually replace with a real spring buy that is it. I have never seen my JD dealer since. Never had a reason to. Two solid simple diesel yanmar tractors that I just forgot have a new ten year old battery never fail to start, operate and have any issues. Tires, batteries and filters are universal, the seat spring thing maybe a JD item but any competent person could find a work around. Tractors should not be like cars. The stealership is not your friend and should not be a necessity. Buy smarter, buy better, pay once, cry once. There is a reason you lease a BMW or Mercedes, they are designed to fail, you buy Toyota or Honda to keep and pass on. Tractors are the same. Visit several dealers, go to the independent review sites. They are tractors, big tools and as such look at their build and weak points. Small axle housing on kiotis, gimmicky electronics that are proprietary, weird filters, unique engines without history of years or models. Think about the brands that came and went, why? Avoid them. The EV crap they are pushing are disposable because the unique battery will cost more to replace than new in a few years. At 70 he should know this. Find the right dealer ? That is the least important thing of all. If you have a warranty issue with a tractor DUMP THAT POS ASAP, because it was the manufacturer, engineer, supplier, designer that are the problem. The dealer is just a middleman with maybe a few manual readers and parts bomb replacers. Want a happy life, never buy crappy made things.

You have no clue about EV's. Many reports of EV batteries lasting 300,000 miles or more. I own two EV's.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #118  
For the homeowner with some acreage I'm wondering what the average hours a tractor will see? I would think 2,000 hrs would be the lifetime of many tractors.
that hour figure seems a little low. Do the maintenance, replace the hoses, belts, tires, etc and just keep on going.
properly maintained diesel engine will last a very long time, commercial farmers run 10k.
at 100 hours per year for hobby tractor, I bet you could go fifty years.
There are some early Kubota tractors with a lot of hours.
more an issue of how long you will last, or how long the need remains, vs the tractor wearing out.

I think most folks buy a new or new to them tractor for more capability, not because their tractor wore out.
Also depends upon whether folks have more than one tractor
2000 hours in a rental fleet maybe

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #119  
Kubota is the Toyota of tractors.
No I can get most Toyota parts in a day. My neighbor has been borrowing my second JD for four months now and that is getting old. Broken a rule here, never loan out your stuff, ever. I am wondering if I will ever get it back.

/ 1 tractor rest of forever -- what brand? #120  
Scooter you may need glasses. There are a lot of 6' + men here with Kubota's and have no problems or complaints
From what I've seen, newer tractors seem a bit more accommodating of large/tall men. I'm a bit over 6' myself, and my LK3064 is a bit tight on leg room. Newer Kiotis in the same HP range that I've looked at were much more comfortable.