1-1/8 x 3tpi ACME tap???

/ 1-1/8 x 3tpi ACME tap???
No, the screw doesn't look good. But the easier part would be the female part made up of a tube that is threaded and then the heel welded on. And why would you need to go with the same threads again? Remake the screw with standard course threads and the heel likewise. And grease 'em once in a while. It'll last longer than you will be around.

But seriously I don't think the vise is worth it if you have to hire the machine work.
Just for clarification, the screw is fine. Pictures are deceiving.

No I dont have to hire the work done. It is simple and easy to remake it with a piece of acme rod and a coupling nut. But I was trying to save the $30 and few hours of work to remake the handle/screw IF I could find a tap or coupling nut with 3TPI. Simple as that. That way I could keep the original handle and screw that is in just fine shape

if it were mine...I would make the screw and nut both. but use brass for the nut. not cast. and I would cut a square thread on the lathe for both. much stronger. acmes cut very hard cause of the side angles. gotta take very small cuts....sometimes cutting 3 times without advancing the depth because of tool spring back.
No easy way to make the nut out of brass. Cutting internal threads....be it acme or square, would be a huge challenge on the lathe....and would take alot more time setting it up in the 4-jaw and making the whole thing including the dovetail out of one piece of brass and hope I dont screw up.

Whole lot easier to just buy a $30 coupling nut and weld to a dovetail for the anchor nut, and a $30 piece of acme rod and remake the handle. I'd have half a day and $60 in making the vise work again.

So why did you ask in the first place?
You on some kind of a high horse or something?

The only thing I asked was if anyone knew of a source or heard of a 1-1/8 x 3tpi thread so I could maybe source a tap so I would only need to remake the anchor block/nut and not the threaded rod as well.

I didnt ask for other suggestions on how to tackle the repair. I know how I am going to repair it IF and only IF I cannot find a tap so I can reuse the original spindle/handle.

But, had you read my post, you would have known all of this instead me having to repeat it for you

/ 1-1/8 x 3tpi ACME tap??? #35  
.but if I could find a tap to cut 1-1/8" x 3 acme threads....I only have to remake the block.
I'd single point it. Way easier than trying to drive such a monster tap.
Odds are if you can find one, it'll be very old and should come as a set of three or four taps each taking a little more material than the last. Some of them were very long, usually they broke.

/ 1-1/8 x 3tpi ACME tap??? #36  
Not sure if you do instagram but there are a couple posters (abom79 for one) there that rescue/collect old vises, there may be a lead to a solution there.
SM