08 B7800 Possible Purchase

/ 08 B7800 Possible Purchase #1  

tallman8251

Tractor
JD 2440
Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster..
So, Looking to get a small tractor for property.
I am considering an 08 Kubota B7800.
What should I be aware of? Anything specific to this model?
Was also curious as to if this would take a front mounted Blower?

Thanks for the Help in advance!

/ 08 B7800 Possible Purchase #2  
Welcome to TBN.

/ 08 B7800 Possible Purchase #4  
Ive had my 7800 since 2003 and it has been bulletproof. The only repair in all the years was one weeping rear axle seal. The only drawback I have found is the 1/4 inching 3 point. It takes some time to learn how to grade well with it.

/ 08 B7800 Possible Purchase #5  
I have essentially the same tractor. Probably the single best tool that I've ever bought. I have the 6' belly mower and loader. Cleared snow with the FEL and a REAR 3-point 64" blower with it for years and it did great! It's a fantastic mowing machine. Also perfect size for a 5' tiller. Easy on fuel.

There was a member on here a couple months ago looking for a front snowblower for his. Here's the link.

He wasn't having a good time finding a front snowblower and dealers weren't able to locate the equipment either. If I were set on a front snowblower, I'd find a tractor package that included it and not try to source it after the purchase -- ESPECIALLY in today's tight supply-side environment. Since they're designed specifically for each machine, they're also not as easy to sell as the more universal-fit 3-point units. I think when someone has a front blower it tends to stay with the machine.

I will say that if I was starting over, I might have bought a smaller L series in order to get a little more weight. Otherwise the only knock I have on my B2910 is that the front bucket is pin-on style and not SSQA. But at the top of the B-series in HP and size, it's a very versatile machine.

Last edited:
   / 08 B7800 Possible Purchase #6  
I had a B for like a decade, Got it the first year they were introduced.

No major issues. Seat switch got finicky over time, field repair on a cracked front axle.

Served us, well.

Just make sure the machine was cared for if you can.

/ 08 B7800 Possible Purchase
Thanks for the great info! I did a bunch of searches on the front blower without much luck.. Not sure If I really need it, I could use just the bucket and or a blade in the back... Not 100% Sure as this is my first go with a tractor etc..... I say this 7800 for sale and heard they were solid tractors, but figured I would check with you all to see what the pro's thought.. ;)

@

CH4Ohio

What is the difference between Pin On and SSQA ?
Also I have Heard mixed emotions about the Transmissions on these things.... Any thoughts on that?

Last edited:
   / 08 B7800 Possible Purchase #8  
You definitely want HST on a smaller tractor like the B7800. I'm not even sure if they offered that tractor with a gear shift.

Mine has the pin-on bucket, meaning that it's not at all easily swapped out for a snowplow blade, pallet forks, rock / manure bucket. Not a big deal on this size tractor really, but it would be nice to be able to drop the bucket and connect pallet forks every now and then. I would have also made a quick attach snow plow for mine if it had the SSQA setup.

The SSQA arrangement has a couple handles that you use to connect and disconnect the front bucket. This lets you quickly attach any implement that has a SSQA plate mounting surface. The advantage is that front attachments are universal using SSQA plates -- similar to 3-point implements fitting most any tractor (within reason).

With either setup, you can remove the entire FEL in about 5 minutes. Same with a belly mower. Very easy to remove and reinstall either as needed.

Last edited:
   / 08 B7800 Possible Purchase
You definitely want HST on a smaller tractor like the B7800. I'm not even sure if they offered that tractor with a gear shift.

Mine has the pin-on bucket, meaning that it's not at all easily swapped out for a snowplow blade, pallet forks, rock / manure bucket. Not a big deal on this size tractor really, but it would be nice to be able to drop the bucket and connect pallet forks every now and then. I would have also made a quick attach snow plow for mine if it had the SSQA setup.

The SSQA arrangement has a couple handles that you use to connect and disconnect the front bucket. This lets you quickly attach any implement that has a SSQA plate mounting surface. The advantage is that front attachments are universal using SSQA plates -- similar to 3-point implements fitting most any tractor (within reason).

With either setup, you can remove the entire FEL in about 5 minutes. Same with a belly mower. Very easy to remove and reinstall either as needed.
Thank you for the informative post! Good things to know. So another newbie question, can a mod package be purchased to change it to this without breaking the bank? LOL As you can tell I am new to the tractor game, so trying to soak up as much as possible and want to make sure I dont throw good money after bad with the purchase of a tractor