07 TC30 hydro leak

/ 07 TC30 hydro leak #1  

Elviscaretaker

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TC30/ Same Duetz Fahr 5110
Hey, I'm new here and want to say hello in advance.
I just bought a 2007 TC 30 HS with FEL and BH. 318 hours on it and while I looked for any signs of leaks in the snow below it before I bought it... get it home clean it up (1st mistake) and looks like I have hydro fluid coming from between the motor and bell housing.
No cracks that I've seen and I looked hard at that after reading older posts. Levels are fine but when I called the guy back he admitted to changing fluids, just not the filters.
So, long story short.. is this familiar to any one? Could a plugged filter cause pressure to build and? I have new filters to try out, and fluids but curious what the opinion is before I split the thing and see if it's a seal. Leak isn't that bad but leaks drive me up a wall :)

/ 07 TC30 hydro leak
No love here or just not enough info?
Think I'll tear it down in a few weeks and see what it is. Any advice on that since it'll be my first split? Figure it should take a day to 2 days to get back together, just need to make sure I have any of the possible parts (seals) before hand.

/ 07 TC30 hydro leak #3  
Leaks are not supposed to occur that's why when you get a leak no one is happy. I guess it's a question of can you live with it? I hate them myself. Here is a story for you.

Car has a really bad oil leak but the guy doesn't care much about the car its only a beater and he doesn't want to spend any money on it. So everyday when he drives it to work and parks he puts a catch pan under the engine to catch the oil that drips out while he is at work. Just before he leaves he picks up the catch pan and drains the oil from it back into the engine. Not through a screen or a paper towel, just right back into the engine and drives home and when he gets home the catch pan goes right back under the car to catch the leak. Obviously he could stand a slightly larger leak than most of us.

Good luck fixing your leak, let us know where it was coming from and if you can take a few pictures that would be great too.

/ 07 TC30 hydro leak
I plan on the photo's :) I'm not experienced in tractor repair but also not afraid to pull something apart and figure it out.
Now I just need to get the possible seals and find the time. Figure I'll use my 2 engine hoist to support the halves when separating them then stand them. Also tying to make sure to have at least a second set of hand available since I figure that these part will be pretty heavy to jockey around.
My tolerance of leaks is pretty low. My daughters (though they know how) refuse to check their oil and the son-in-laws are worthless in this area so if the burn or leak, I tend to take care of it immediately. Now with the tractor, I'll be storing it sometimes with a brother, he's useless also but he'll also use the thing when he has time so I'm worried he may cause some damage if it's ran low.
A "guess" of how bad it is would be an once +/- per 30-45 minuted of running. Not horrible. Last time running it though, seemed like it was leaking less? Go figure.
I had a friend like that, the difference was his car leaked and he didn't give a crap. He would just stop by my place and fill up his quarts with used oil. Claimed my used stuff was good enough.... The thing ran many years with him doing that until some unlucky soul stole it. They must have felt pretty bad for his as when it was recovered they had fixed a bit of the problems the car had. Luck is what you make but in his case...

/ 07 TC30 hydro leak #5  
Hey Elvis just poking around in here and saw your post. Just curious if you have a service manual or are you just planning on winging it? Good luck with the tractor!

/ 07 TC30 hydro leak
Just my owners manual. So, unless I go get one I'll be winging it. The main thing I need to know is the torque specs and the owners has it. At least for bolt type.
Problem now is finding the time! I'm running up next week to the closest NH dealer to me (not that close!) and I'll order the seals then and see how long they will take to get in. Going to start off with the front on the bell housing and while I'm in there, the rear main just to be safe. :) O joy! But a few bucks and hours vs what they "guessed" the cost at. I'll do it myself.

/ 07 TC30 hydro leak #7  
Did you check the existing torque?

/ 07 TC30 hydro leak
Not yet. Part of me is thinking it won't be at the correct torque anyways. Bolts sometime loosen up and other times feel like they have tightened (froze). Good idea though, get a reference point instead of matching up bolt patterns.

/ 07 TC30 hydro leak #9  
Not to promote internet sales but I've had very prompt response from Messicks.com, and always the right part. PartsSpring is also an advertiser here. Usually a few days and I'm in business.

/ 07 TC30 hydro leak
I'll look into those. Don't mind internet sales as they screws you both ways for most things around here.
What part of the Island are you? I'm out in the Freeland area a bit., otherwise, across the sound.