Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,911  
I didn't buy one. Mine doesn't smell like plastic but talks the whole time...

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,913  
Do you really think , Millennials and Gen Zs or Xs know what limitations Autopilot has in a plane......its the perception they see or hear whether in movies or not autopilot means let go of the steering, let it land itself , while Pilot flirts with the Stewardess. That perception and the growing factual base that Tesla drivers are letting themselve be distracted because they think "Autopilot" means they can . As more accidents with Musk's guinea pigs occur. More Lawyers will get involved and unfortunately the richest can afford to weasel out and hide the flaws in his profit maker. Hopefully NHSTA will get more involved and care about others.
Ah, so we have established wawajake's reference for reality is Hollywood Movies.

Be sure to tune in next week when wawajake learns "silencers" are still awfully darn loud.

Tesla Autopilot is aptly named, especially in reference to that which is fitted in light aviation.

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,914  
Ah, so we have established wawajake's reference for reality is Hollywood Movies.

Be sure to tune in next week when wawajake learns "silencers" are still awfully darn loud.

Tesla Autopilot is aptly named, especially in reference to that which is fitted in light aviation.
Give me a break Grumpy, it is interesting that now you qualify your statement to " fitted to light aviation" ..... meanwhile what the majority thinks of over past 2 decades when talking about Autopilot, is the commercial airlines. And anything else they read and see when travelling or on TV etc. Musk chose that name because that is his goal , ( as Gale keeps reminding us) his technical profits are going to be from his " autopilot" tech ( or failures) . Meanwhile it is far far from the Autopilot commercial Pilots use, an autopilot that has planes a kilometer or more apart.(as safety net) Meanwhile Tesla is playing Russian roulette with vehicles a metre apart. .....and failures are starting to be noticed.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,915  
I saw this meme elsewhere on TBN seems very applicable to some Grumps here.
IMG_1474.jpeg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,917  
I saw this meme elsewhere on TBN seems very applicable to some Grumps here. View attachment 864307

Speaking of Liars and the previous post of a Tesla driver messing with their phone resulting in killing a motorcycle rider...

Case finished with an Australia Tesla driver who Blamed "engaged Autopilot" for severely injuring a person and claiming for 2 years it was the Auto pilot.

The vehicles safety systems warned the driver.
The Auto pilot Was NOT engaged.
The driver Never applied the brakes.
The driver Fled the scene, but returned later.

Last edited:
   / Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,918  
What is the purpose of self-driving cars (or whatever the liberal loons wanna call them)? The steering wheel is a foot in front of the driver, people really are that lazy that they can't keep their hands on the wheel? What do they plan on doing, taking a nap while the car drives?

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,919  
Here is an older article and then some short screen shots of it. https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/interactive/2023/tesla-autopilot-crash-analysis/ screen shot Pertains to how Tesla advertised "Autopilot " a few years back and how they stated the driver is just there for legal reasons. But when it comes to Tesla Lawyers in a courtroom they say Autopilot is just fancy cruise control. So two totally different stories from Tesla even many years ago basically lying to the courts or lying to the public .
Screenshot_20240425-133855_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240425-133738_Samsung Internet.jpg

/ Battery based vehicles of today and tomorrow pt 2 #17,920  
What is the purpose of self-driving cars (or whatever the liberal loons wanna call them)? The steering wheel is a foot in front of the driver, people really are that lazy that they can't keep their hands on the wheel? What do they plan on doing, taking a nap while the car drives?
You have a 24/ 7 vehicle without paying for a driver which is huge when it comes to taxis and things like that.

It can reduce the number of vehicles you have. Say you go to work at 7 :00 which is 20 minutes away and your wife goes to work at 9:00 which is about the same distance. A car could go back and get her or you could just have health issues and when traveling across country you use could use the assistance.

The reason I have a Self-Driving car is for my safety and the safety for other people on the road and sidewalks. A self-driving car reduces likelihood of being on an accident already today and they're just getting better.

To pay for full self-driving car, I delayed signing up for SS until I was 70 so I will have the free cash to pay for a new self-driving car every 3 years and past the old ones down to the family. therefore I need to ensure I don't die in a car accident before I to get beyond SS break even. 🙂