Max battery cable

/ Max battery cable #1  

doneill127

Gold Member
Tractor
Mahindra Max
I want to replace the positive battery cable and aside from the price of the oem, I don’t care for the light gauge clamps. The question I have is there’s a second cable attached to the positive clamp with plug in connector that goes to the main 50 amp fuse. I’d like to replace this cable also, but want to know if the connector is actually a fusible link. Any way to tell ?. There’s no markings on it.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 22
   / Max battery cable #3  
Do you have a picture of it. On my 3510 that is a 50a fusible link for the glow plugs.

Attachments

• fusiblelink.jpg
    fusiblelink.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 17
   / Max battery cable #4  
It wouldn’t make sense to have a fusible link feeding a fuse.
The schematic looks logical… normal cable and connector feeding a fuse

/ Max battery cable #5  
The diagram for my tractor shows a fuse too, but it is actually a fusible link in the wire.

/ Max battery cable #6  
The diagram for my tractor shows a fuse too, but it is actually a fusible link in the wire.
You have a fusable link feeding a fuse? That makes no sense.
The OP stated his wire is feeding a fuse, which would agree with the schematic. I’m assuming he’s physically seen the fuse

/ Max battery cable #7  
It wouldn’t make sense to have a fusible link feeding a fuse.
The schematic looks logical… normal cable and connector feeding a fuse

Your right about the connector being just a wire. If it has a fusible link in the connector it would look like the picture. My diagram says "Fuse" . but it's actually a fusible link in the middle of the connector.

/ Max battery cable
Here are the pictures, and I agree it doesn’t makes sense to me to have a fusible link feeding the fuse, and the diagram doesn’t really show one. However it also doesn’t makes sense to put a plug in connector that bolts to the battery terminal when they could have just put a crimped eye terminal.

Attachments

• IMG_0282.jpeg
    IMG_0282.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0281.jpeg
    IMG_0281.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
   / Max battery cable #10  
That's just an overly complicated connection. You can cut it out and crimp an eye on that instead.