Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn?

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #51  
This building was on the property when we bought it 40 years ago, it's a 24x36 pole building from Western Farmers COOP. It's not real fancey but gets the job done, our JD lawn tractor is stored in the lean-to on the left.
1000002450.jpg

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #54  
Depends on your climate and quality of finish on your equipment.
A high percentage of automobiles spend their entire time without shelter.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #56  
Depends on your climate and quality of finish on your equipment.
A high percentage of automobiles spend their entire time without shelter.
My neighbor’s tractor has sat out for ten years. It looks like it’s 30 years old: paint is chalky white, plastics are cracking, and seat is rotted off so there’s just the steel pan remaining.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #57  
We have a 30x40 Barn/Shed/Shop - BSS for short. We intended a pole barn when design was planned in Feb of 2020. When the work started in June, we soon learned - no poles for you. Top of mountains tend to be pretty rocky. A foundation had to be built. There goes the budget.
View attachment 864095

We thought 30x40 - would be plenty of space:
View attachment 864096

Three years later:
View attachment 864097

Time to build another?
Ha! You still have lots of space. I'll have to take one tomorrow to show you what "out of space" looks like :)

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #58  
One of the "problems" many of us face is using "space".
I've over 5,000 sq ft FLAT, most of it with ceilings over 10' and up to 14' in one building.
When I bought the place (in 2011) the previous owner had the entire area of the sheds full. Hardly a square foot to work. In all of the buildings there was only a little shelving and all that was 6' high or less and held clothes. Just narrow aisles where one could barely walk through. Took about 2 years to clean out.
Now I consider the place "full" again. But I've plenty of work areas and floor space for projects.
One of the saving graces was the recession was still in effect and I was able to get lot's of pallet racking cheap. Thus I was able to line many walls with shelving and flat workplaces and in my taller buildings I've got storage areas that are 10' up.
Effectively doubling my "space".

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn?
My neighbor’s tractor has sat out for ten years. It looks like it’s 30 years old: paint is chalky white, plastics are cracking, and seat is rotted off so there’s just the steel pan remaining.
Yeah, I think the main enemy is the sun damage.

As I said earlier, while I park in my tractor barn, I'll sure pull them out to get rinsed off if I know it's going to rain.

/ Do You Have a Tractor Shed/Barn? #60  
Mine lives outside under a tarp 8-9 months of the year. I squeeze it inside my workshop/garage for the winter. Keep thinking about building some sort of lean-to shed, but always something more important to do.
All my other vehicles live outside year round.