2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM #1  

Huffy21

Tractor
JD 1600 Turbo
I was mowing yesterday and I caught a branch and wedged in between the blade and mower deck on the right wing and it stopped that motor from spinning. I removed the branch and and it worked fine as it should. 15 minutes later I went through some thicker grass and it tries to bogg the motor down and then proceeds to kill the engine. Now it boggs down when just starting the decks on concrete. Even if the right deck is in the up position and not being used, I'm still getting the same result of the engine trying to stall out and die.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you!!!

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM #2  
Have you checked to see if the hub is clear of grass?

willy

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM
All Clear

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM #4  
Sounds like you smoked a bearing or something inside the hydraulic motor when you jammed the blade.

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM
I assume you're speaking of the main hydraulic pump? Even if I have the right deck up, I'm still having the issues. It's only when the PTO is on and drives fine with full power when PTO is off.

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM #6  
I assume you're speaking of the main hydraulic pump? Even if I have the right deck up, I'm still having the issues. It's only when the PTO is on and drives fine with full power when PTO is off.

When you say "PTO" do you mean engaging the mower blades? Pretty sure the blades are hydraulically driven buy hydraulic motors. I would say that there may be some sort of damage to the motor as Hay Dude has mentioned.

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM #7  
If it was the turbo charger, chances are the engine would not run because when a turbo lets go, the cold side of the turbo comes apart and the engine eats the blade parts and in turn eats the engine too or at least the top end. Turbo's are not forever and that is why it's important to remove the outlet side of the piping and check for freeplay in the turbine rotor radially and back and forth occasionally and determine if it spins easily. If I had one go, I'd much prefer it to be a seizing bearing on the hot side which is a ceramic bearing that the other alternative. When I worked at the Western Star dealership I retired from, every grenaded turbo resulted in at least a top end rebuild and / or a new head depending on the amount of damage and they all came in on a wrecker too. You have other issues.

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM #8  
Did you check the differential for that blade? You may have busted a gear. Pull the top cover off and inspect the gear set.

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM
Sounds like you smoked a bearing or something inside the hydraulic motor when you jammed the blade.
I'm thinking it's the hydraulic motor as everything else operates as it should. Something that's rebuildable I assume?

/ 2006 JD 1600 Turbo WAM
When you say "PTO" do you mean engaging the mower blades? Pretty sure the blades are hydraulically driven buy hydraulic motors. I would say that there may be some sort of damage to the motor as Hay Dude has mentioned.
PTO to me means engaging the blades, but yes it is all hydraulic driven. I'm thinking it the hydraulic motor as well, which I believe is located under the seat?