TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,401  
2 questions; (1) do you have a gravel driveway and (2)will those discs split?

Yes packed gravel ,I usually will run a water filled roller over it after more 3/4 minus is added.

I have never split it or changed the angle.

Not sure what you are asking on splitting the discs, if you mean having the bit of extra weight breaking a disc? , no, silty clay soil with almost no rocks.

Last edited:
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,403  
Yes packed gravel ,I usually will run a water filled roller over it after more 3/4 minus is added.

I have never split it or changed the angle.

Not sure what you are asking on splitting the discs, if you mean having the bit of extra weight breaking a disc? , no, silty clay soil with almost no rocks.
Take the rear set of discs off and use the front set to 'fluff' up the driveway. I do that with mine. Had to get a welder (I don't weld) to make me a three point hitch receiver for mine. It works good. These disks were the last of the drag discs made for Farmalls.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,404  
Take the rear set of discs off and use the front set to 'fluff' up the driveway. I do that with mine. Had to get a welder (I don't weld) to make me a three point hitch receiver for mine. It works good. These disks were the last of the drag discs made for Farmalls.

That is a good idea but more work for me.
When I want to do that I have an old Servis brand rake with adjustable offset and wheels to set depth , plus I can angle and pull in the rock as well
pic is using it to clear pine needles.

Attachments

• servis Rake.JPG
    servis Rake.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 35
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #13,410  
SR, it is always a good day when your tractor can make you money. :)
And instead of buying a plasticized, electrified new tractor for 20, 30 or even 40 thousand dollars, that more than likely will need repairs, before it's even paid for!

I choose to buy "forever" tractors made of steel, have no puter or def, and will easily last for thousands of hours, and will easily be paid for in one summer!

SR