You Know You Are Old When

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,191  
Gold design around the perimeter? 😂
Platinum… it’s the good China.

No time is the everyday.

I did take a blue pattern trim to Austria.

Last edited:
   / You Know You Are Old When #2,193  
Do you guys remember being kids in the summer and after dinner the only rule was “to be home when the street lights came on”?
Nope. I've heard many had that rule. We stayed out well after dark most nights in the summer. Ghost in the graveyard. Kick the can. Hide and seek. Lightning bugs. Night swims in the lake.... we lived on kind of an isolated block surrounded by a highway, a large cemetery, a lake, and the County Farm (old folks farm). There were around 20 kids of varying ages. It was a magnificent place to grow up.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,195  
Home when the 5 o’clock whistle from the new college that was being built nearby… it lasted for years

/ You Know You Are Old When
#2,196  
I have another - when you were kids what was your Dad’s “go to” punishment for bad behavior?

For us, we had to kneel down on the floor by the stairs. Hardwood floor.

Try that for 15 minutes!!

My kids had it easy —- time out in their bedroom.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,198  
I have another - when you were kids what was your Dad’s “go to” punishment for bad behavior?

For us, we had to kneel down on the floor by the stairs. Hardwood floor.

Try that for 15 minutes!!

My kids had it easy —- time out in their bedroom.
Dad was a WWII 6' 3" combat engineering veteran... the imposing appearance was enough to deter most crimes. 🙃

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,199  
Salad bowls from gas stations!
I worked in a gas station as a kid and we had lots of different dishes, glasses, silverware and I think sharp knives. The 76 company gave out small cans of household oil and think I still have mine. The best promo was the woven wood strip salad bowls.

/ You Know You Are Old When #2,200  
Have a trading stamp blender and card table…
When I was 18, the kids I knew all saved S&H Green Stamps for free stuff. I had their big catalog and went in an S&H store once to get my free hairdryer. It was wonderful and decades later I found a partial book of S&H stamps in a drawer. (y)