Branson 4020 fuel Injector Pump

/ Branson 4020 fuel Injector Pump #1  

Fireman_Mike

Tractor
John Deere 950
Have a Branson 4020R that the foot peal and levee for throttle dropped working. If you use the throttle control on the console the throttle lever on the pump seems to stick but still does not accelerate with the foot pedal or the throttle lever on the console. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

/ Branson 4020 fuel Injector Pump #2  
From looking at the parts manual it looks like the lever and foot pedal are connected to the pump with cables. I would start by disconnecting the cable at the pump and move the lever to verify the cable moves smoothly.

/ Branson 4020 fuel Injector Pump
So the cable is moving smoothly and it does not respond when operating at the injector pump. I took the front cover off for the timing gear and from what I can tell it's out of time. Does anyone have a service manual for a 4020R. Looking at other models the timing is way off. But this photo is from another Branson model

Attachments

• IMG_3618.jpeg
    IMG_3618.jpeg
    232.2 KB · Views: 18
   / Branson 4020 fuel Injector Pump #5  
U have to remember, THOSE r assembly marks.. they aren’t going to line up every time.. that being said, the pump and it’s drive gear WILL line up at compression stroke #1 cyl..
Inorder to find that, you’ll either need to find a viewing window to the flywheel and rotate the engine until u can see any marks.. AND/OR.. remove the valve cover and rotate the engine until the #1 valves are closed..

Yes, sir thanks for that. So I have come to the conclusion the rack is stuck inside the pump. I am in the process of pulling it off now that I have the “assembly marks” lined up.
It slides back about a half inch with all the bolts out and hangs up.

From looking at the parts manual it looks like the lever and foot pedal are connected to the pump with cables. I would start by disconnecting the cable at the pump and move the lever to verify the cable moves smoothly.
is there a service manual online ?

Last edited:
   / Branson 4020 fuel Injector Pump #8  
You can find the service manual in this thread.